collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 381
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Anyone Else Notice Jenson Button is Kicking Lewis Hamilton's Butt?  (Read 5352 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius

....I imagine, much to the chagrin of Hamilton's 'fan boys" and the people who said jenson would not match lewis's ability, jenson not only leads the WDC but he has outqualified, outraced and outdriven his illustrious team mate all year.

In fact it could be said LH, with his split from his father, his on track driving misdeeds and his off track pecadillos is feeling the heat from the better performing, smoother, more mature, and more consistent jenson.

......watch this space.

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Anyone Else Notice Jenson Button is Kicking Lewis Hamilton's Butt?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 02:35:45 PM »

Right on Sennaman. :good: Jens is the Man. :yahoo: :yahoo: Lewis is no slouch either but Jens is starting to prove his WDC last year was not just about the car.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

FW14B

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 02:44:32 PM »
Jenson is doing a brilliant job, totally making himself at home with McLaren and 2 wins out of 4 races is pretty impressive!  Great that he is getting an opportunity to prove he is a great driver. 

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »
I'm certainly surprised to see Jenson outperforming Hamilton.  Certainly goes to show that putting in your dues in F1 can pay off.  Button is showing a tremendous understanding of the sport that Hamilton isn't, and that just comes from experience.  I hope Hamilton is paying attention, he's lucky to have Button as a teammate.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »
It was amazing at half distance to see the top three running with 0 pit stops while the rest of the field was 35sec back and 3-4 stops a piece.  Great call by the pit wall for those three, and obviously very smooth driving on slicks for Jenson, Rosberg and Kubica.  If it wasn't for calling out the safety car to remove a few pebbles as Darrell said in the chat room  :DD , they would have run away with the race.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline greener_09

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »
I have to admit i was one of the people who said Jenson wouldnt beable to match Lewis this season and going to Mclaren was a big mistake but so far hes proved me wrong.Fair play to Jenson its great seeing two Brits doing so well

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »
Me too - I never thought I would see it happen.  Good for Jenson.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
I have to admit i was one of the people who said Jenson wouldnt beable to match Lewis this season and going to Mclaren was a big mistake but so far hes proved me wrong.Fair play to Jenson its great seeing two Brits doing so well

too true mate, what a formidable pairing this is proving to be and I have a feeling these two can only get better. As Jeri posted in this thread, jenson's experience and paying his dues is reaping a rich reward. I too am impressed how he is quietly performing so well without any drama. Shows a great professionalism and lots of 'smarts' which must be endearing himself with/to the McLAREN team.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

David

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
He's performing like the world champion he is. Smooth and consistent driving and great personal calls with the strategy. I too had my doubts that he could slot into McLaren with the blue eye boy Lewis there. However, his eyes seem a lot bluer at the moment. Can't dismiss Lewis either he's a hell of a racer, just a little erratic some times.

P.S. Ferrari will be back.  ;)

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 07:36:55 PM »
Jenson has been outstanding. I wondered whether Lewis got used to beating Heiki and slacked off. Jenson certainly has impressed me so far and long may it continue as it great to see him driving so well, as was said, like a champion. I would not be surprised to see Lewis up his game again, which he has to, but Jenson is certainly kicking ass. Shout out to Nico too for doing such a sterling piece of work against his more 'illustrious' teammate also!

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
+1 for me as surprised Jens is doing as well as he his vs. Hammy (hope nobody objects that that..picked it up in the chat room last night  :tease: )

I figured with his years at McLaren he'd have an advantage with familiarity etc but so far that's not the case. Good for him.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

markb

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »
He's performing like the world champion he is. Smooth and consistent driving and great personal calls with the strategy. I too had my doubts that he could slot into McLaren with the blue eye boy Lewis there. However, his eyes seem a lot bluer at the moment. Can't dismiss Lewis either he's a hell of a racer, just a little erratic some times.

P.S. Ferrari will be back.  ;)
Nobody can dis-regard Ferrari, but I must say, well done Jenson, but what drive from Lewis Hamilton, lap 12 overtakes Vettel and Suttil, lap 17 overtakes M.Schumacher, and lap 26 overtakes M.Schumachr again....the 7 times WDC....nothing else to add really, but all this is in a wet race.... For those members who doubt LH, watch this space, this is one hell of a driver, no matter what anybody else says or thinks!!!! :good: :good: :good: :good:

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I happen to like both drivers. Button is showing that he is a worthy Champion, and let us not forget that he is still settling down at the Woking outfit. Lewis on the other hand is an aggressive driver no matter what, he holds no prisoners. That is his style, he will never change, full stop.

Hamilton had me breathless at times today, in my opinion he drove an excellent race, but as things stand at this moment in time "Button" has the upper hand.

McLaren must relish this situation, in that they have two World Formula 1 champions in their Team. The season is a long and hard one and I wish them both the best of luck, and hope that both take turns to kick each others Butts. :D

Well done to the both of you, it was brilliant to have two brits on the Podium. :good:

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline littledave

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:02 AM »
Jenson has been my number 1 since he began at Williams. High and lows have been had but when the rumours started about him being paired with Lewis I was buzzing. I've admired Mclaren for years and never thought Button would end up there. My mate said Hamilton will walk all over him, and even though I said that was a possibility, I told him to wait and see.

Everything he has done so far and been mint. I wouldn't say he is kicking Lewis's arse but he has definitely done an outstanding job and proving his worth. His experience and cool logical thinking of how to win a race is making Lewis quite amateur IMO.

Lewis, wheel to wheel, is a far faster driver than Jenson, but as has already been proven, speed isn't everything. Even in Australia, Lewis moaned about being given the extra stop that Jenson didn't. IMO if Lewis had of stayed out on the same set of rubber, he would have knackered his tyres anyway.

I love Jenson & Lewis either way. Rock on Mclaren.

markb

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »
well said Chris Borg an Littledave...let's hope they carry on driving the way they are, different styles, but at the end of the day, two Brits and a team to be proud of.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle