collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 340
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Back to Inboard Mirrors....but are they any better?  (Read 2794 times)

markb

Offline Scott

Re: Back to Inboard Mirrors....but are they any better?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »
Forget the mirrors.  A small HD camera mounted at the back of the air-intake with a fish eye panoramic lens transmitted to a small panoramic display directly in front of the driver above the steering wheel.  Complete rearward view and no turning the head.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »
Forget the mirrors.  A small HD camera mounted at the back of the air-intake with a fish eye panoramic lens transmitted to a small panoramic display directly in front of the driver above the steering wheel.  Complete rearward view and no turning the head.

Scott, you're on fire today! Another excellent idea but I wouldn't mount it above the wheel, especially for those short drivers...like Alonso!  :tease:

Seriously though, I'd make em all rip most of them bell and whistles off the wheel and put the screen smack in the middle.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
My guess is that they would have a harder time seeing it on the wheel because the wheel is always moving, but on the straights - the only place they need mirrors - the wheel would be straight and they could mount a little display across what is normally the 'wind' shield (that little lip at the front of the cockpit. 

Wouldn't even cost that much...heck, I'd even do it for them for oh, I don't know, $50k per team per year?  I'd probably have to make lots of adjustments at each GP, so pit and paddock access would be necessary.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »

Exactly.

Williamsfan

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
Agreed Scott, that is a brilliant suggestion and far more sensible than the mirrors that people complain about wherever they are located.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle