collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Tastes good - goes fast.  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Scott

Tastes good - goes fast.
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:06:29 PM »
The new Burger King Sauber has impressed people, especially it's drivers.  I think I suggested that they would be at the sharp end of the 'rest' before anyone else.  Of course this was just qualifying, but they were there in practice too. 

Autosport:

Kobayashi hails Sauber's progress   

By Glenn Freeman   Saturday, May 8th 2010, 15:06 GMT

Kamui Kobayashi has hailed the development work of the Sauber factory after both of the team's cars made it into the top 12 in qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix.

The Swiss team had been a disappointment in the early races after showing some impressive form in winter testing, but at Barcelona it was able to get Kamui Kobayashi into Q3, with Pedro de la Rosa narrowly missing out on joining him.

"The team did a really good job - not only in qualifying but also over the last three weeks," said Kobayashi. "We have changed the direction for the car's development and as a reward we made it for the second time this season to Q3.

"I already knew from the morning session that my pace here was good enough for Q3. The performance of the car is a lot better, we have aero updates and also an engine upgrade for reliability."

Sauber's new technical director James Key added that the team was unsure of how competitive it would be with its updates, but was pleased with the results so far.

"We weren't sure how far we could push forward in qualifying, but I think after Q1 we realised we had a good chance of doing well," said Key.

"The updates worked, which was very much a team effort, and we can be very proud of the step we made."

A slightly disappointed de la Rosa added: "Obviously it was possible to get into Q3 – I don't really understand what went wrong. However, the positive thing is we made a big step forward since the Chinese Grand Prix, and we are a lot more competitive."

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Tastes good - goes fast.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:34 PM »

Yeah Kobi will have suprised quite a few getting to Q3, probably even Pedro who knows the place like the back of his hand.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle