collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What the Hell Were McLAREN Doing......?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
What the Hell Were McLAREN Doing......?
« on: May 16, 2010, 09:47:11 PM »
What a total c***up - jenson should sue the bastards  :tease:

“Jenson’s afternoon was very disappointing one for him, through no fault of his own. Human error caused a cooling cover to be left off the left-hand radiator on the lap to the grid – and, despite our best efforts to recover the situation, the components underneath the car got too hot, and Jenson was forced to switch the engine off when a small fire developed.” MARTIN WHITMARSH

“That was extremely disappointing. I knew after the formation lap that there was a cooling cover left on the left-hand sidepod, where the radiator is.

“We thought everything was going to be okay, and it would probably have been fine if we hadn’t had a Safety Car. My car quickly began to overheat and I started losing engine power, so I turned the engine off pretty sharply because the last thing I wanted was to leave engine oil on the racing line.

“Today was just one of those days. It was human error, a mistake, and that’s all there is to it. I’m still only eight points behind the lead of the drivers’ championship and we head to Turkey feeling confident that we’ll be more competitive there.” Jenson BUTTON

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

Re: What the Hell Were McLAREN Doing......?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Anything that has to be removed from an aircraft before flight has a large, red streamer attached to it. The streamer reads,, "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT." That way, we can easily spot anything that has been missed when we do our pre-flight walk around. Sounds like McLaren should order some.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline greener_09

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »
I cant believe this happened.This is supposed to be a proffesional team with the best staff money can buy and something like this happens.Jenson seemed to take it quite well (probably didnt want to upset his new team) but he must have been fuming.my guess is that someone will be looking for a new job tomorrow.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
Anything that has to be removed from an aircraft before flight has a large, red streamer attached to it. The streamer reads,, "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT." That way, we can easily spot anything that has been missed when we do our pre-flight walk around. Sounds like McLaren should order some.

simple and brilliant idea cossie - yeah McLAREN should order some supplies, very fast....
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »
They're useful in many ways.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 02:00:13 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mclaren leave someone on the jackstands about 10 or 9 or 8 years ago on the grid?
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:06:51 AM »
I was wrong..2001 Spa...Ralf Shumi left on jack stands with Williams. heh  :-[
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:38:33 AM »
I was wrong..2001 Spa...Ralf Shumi left on jack stands with Williams. heh  :-[

Wonder they hadn't left him on them.Actually when
Ralf drove for Williams I didn't think he was that bad.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:29:12 AM »
Stunning - I'm sure Ron was screaming into the phone (or was he there??)!  Sorry for Jenson, but exactly who would tell him it is 'ok'??  Aren't those ducts for something??  If one time slowing down for a safety car (something that...cough...rarely happens at Monaco) causes overheating, I'd say things weren't 'ok'.   :fool: :fool: 

Why didn't they just pull him in at the end of that parade lap, yank the thing out and send him on his way to follow Alonso up through the field??  Better than a 4 lap race.  My guess is the sponsors would agree.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:31:32 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
When McLaren get things wrong, it is usually spectacular.  I feel a lot for JB, a disaster for him.  My team and my favourite driver all had disastrous races  :(

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 08:55:08 AM »
To be fair, both of your boys (Nico & Rubens) did entertain the crowd and viewing public with some impressive shunts.

As for McLaren, well it could've been worse, Lewis' car could've driven over his pussycat whilst she was enjoying a nap under the bonnet..

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 08:58:41 AM »
I think you mean Ruby and the Hulk...

I'm still waiting to hear what happened to that steering wheel of Rubens that was run over. 
 :fool:

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 09:06:51 AM »
I figured it out...Rubens claims the steering wheel was the problem - so what better way to ensure you get a new one next race than toss it out on the racing line so it gets run over.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83669

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »
Also there is now no evidence to discredit Rubens, very clever by the old fella!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »

Why didn't they just pull him in at the end of that parade lap, yank the thing out and send him on his way to follow Alonso up through the field??  Better than a 4 lap race.  My guess is the sponsors would agree.

I agree Scott, once the safety car came out they should have called him in, they could have changed the tyres as well to limit the drop to the back like Alonso did.  :confused:

However they got the call to bring Lewis in, to cover off Alonso's charge, spot on. Brawn at Merc must have been having a nap, cos Alonso sure caught them dozing. :o

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle