collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 503
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sing along with me.. "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Sing along with me.. "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »
I'm not the most eloquent of writers so bear that in mind. I also like all the drivers..honestly..I don't have a hate on for anyone.  :-*

After Monaco, and some of the resulting stewards decisions I'm beginning to see that F1 is either rudderless or in need of much better oversight in the disbursement of punishment or redefining of rules.

To me the non-adherance to rules needs to have resulting dicipline handed down so as to ensure it won't happen again. In other words, "hit 'em where it counts"

Webber speeding in the pit lane, about 10kms over from what I've read.
- I don't care if you do it before, during, or after a race. The whole point to the rule is SAFETY for those in the pitlane. The "fine" handed down is utterly LAUGHABLE. When webber sneezes he loses more money out of his pockets than the fine handed to him! The penalty right then and there when it happened should have been a grid penalty. Would that be an effective message sent to other drivers? I think so....

Rubens throwing his steering wheel into traffic.
- ....and putting his fellows drivers at risk or spectators had the wheel been thrown into the stands by a tyre as it was run over. NO PENALTY????? Oh wait, I just read Rubens' "excuse" and I've watched over and over again and I have this to say to him..."HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Seriously dude, you expect me to believe that? I wonder how Massa feels about fellow drivers throwing things on the track? This should be either a HUGE fine (something commensurate with his salary) or a grid penalty. Personally, I like grid penalties because it hurts both the driver and the team. Think the team behind closed doors would rip Rubens a new one?

This Schumacher controversy.
- Cleary F1's fault for not radioing every team and explaining EXACTLY what was to happen. GREEN MEANS GO! I don't give a flying rats behind if you don't like your races to end with a SC leading the pack across the line because it looks "bad". It has been handled poorly and F1 should just let MS finsh behind Alonso in the results and move forward with a clearer definition of the rules. And before you might want to jump on me for that last sentence I'll say it again: "GREEN MEANS GO".

Barcelona:

Fining Ferrari only $20k for the release of Alonso into the path of Rosberg.
- see my comments above re: Webber and the size of this fine. $20k to a team like Ferrari? LOL, c'mon..is that supposed to tell me as a fan that you're REALLY trying to enforce a rule with some bite? That's not even a slap on the wrist for an infraction that could have had serious, deadly consequences.

Giving Virgin a 5 place grid penalty for a PAPERWORK problem?
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yup, that's WAYYYY more serious than Ferrari's infraction (above). I mean, jeez, someone in the F1 trailer could have gotten a serious papercut trying to process this late paperwork. Or maybe the penalty was so serious because this paperwork was something other teams should have had access to? Maybe it had to do with race strategy and Virgin were being really sneaky and wanted to keep it from other teams? Yes, teams would have been severely disadvantaged not having access to that information! LOL! Scott said it best, the penalties to both Ferrari and Virgin should have been the other way around.

Anyways, my fingers hurt so I'm gonna stop now. Please add your own comments on how you feel F1 has been lately with rulings and fines and whatnot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:38:20 PM by Canada Darrell »

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Sing along with me.. "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
I'm sorry, the rule was on the books, and is quite clear,  No Overtaking on the last lap between pit in and the finish. It doesn't matter if it's a stupid rule, it's a rule. MS might not have been aware of it, but Brawn should have been. Otherwise I agree With CD, The penalties are not appropriate, Virgin was screwed and Ferrari and Rubens got off too easy.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »
Some other teams weren't aware of the rule either, which was clear by the rate of acceleration of everyone as soon as the SC pulled off.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »
Re Barrichello - Sporting Regs 30.5 states:

A driver who abandons a car must leave it in neutral or with the clutch disengaged, with the KERS shut down and with the steering wheel in place.

And yet he gets off without penalty.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
I would have to agree with all you gripes CD, even the "Schumacher controversy". A rule it may be, but in my opinion its a bloody stupid one that need to be looked at. Even though it would have cost my team the points, the move pulled by MS on that last lap is what motor racing should be all about. When the green light is on, you take what ever legitimate chance come your way to pass another competitor.

There has to be consistency in rule enforcement and penalties, and looking at the evidence it seems its all over the place.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »
Re Barrichello - Sporting Regs 30.5 states:

A driver who abandons a car must leave it in neutral or with the clutch disengaged, with the KERS shut down and with the steering wheel in place.

And yet he gets off without penalty.

You missed of the bit where they say 'Unless the driver thinks the car is on fire, even though there is little smoke until they've left the car or sign of flames. Then you can use said steering wheel as a hand grenade'.

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »
We know the actual rule is 'Rubens has a hissy fit, let him get on with it and ignore what else happens.  Ignore all punishment and move along'.  Maybe he thought that if he couldn't finish a race, there is no way in hell the HRT would finish!

As for the initial post by CD, I agree with all your points, but sadly it is too sensible for F1 so nothing like that will ever be seen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:24:33 PM »
I agree in principle. The sport needs consistency for sure. Hopefully the punishment should fit the crime. Anything that adversely affects safety or ruins a fellow competitors chances should be punished hard.
Regarding Schumacher... the rule is clear and obvious. Yes it is all about making things look 'nice' for TV but there was no doubt they should have formed a parade finish.
I think several drivers thought it would be good if they could add some tyre smoke and sceaming engines for effect but they knew they had to hold position.
It seems to me that if Martin Brundle & the other TV pundits immediately knew that MS had just broken the rule an overpaid cheat like Schumacher should also be aware of the rule. :fool:

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:35 PM »
Hear, hear. :good:

Lonny
Lonny

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
I'm confused, why is Michael Schumacher changing his name to Mickey Mouse again?? I may have missed the point somewhere though...  :tease:

LoNeR4eVa

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »
I've a feeling that the stewards are being bias to some driver! If not, such things wouldnt happen. It is almost impossible that more than 20 stewards can't even spot a steering wheel being thrown out of rubens' car! I spotted it immediately from the replay, It was so clear!

For Schumacher's case, THEY DID NOT STATE THE RULES CLEARLY! If the position should remain the same, then, shouldn't the SC complete the whole race? What the hell is wrong with the stewards?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:48:18 AM by LoNeR4eVa »

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »
The Article on which the stewards got Schumacher, 40.13, assumes that the Safety Car is finishing the race. The FIA doesn't see the point of the Safety Car doing the extra lap and also likes the photos at the end of the race not being festooned with yellow flags and a road car adorned with lights. The protocol according to that article is that the race should end as normal without overtaking. So everything except overtaking is allowed and the risk is that if a driver sticks to the normal Safety Car speed, the driver behind may mistake that car for one in technical difficulties and thus assume that it's OK to overtake under Article 40.7...

The rule is perfectly clear, though it could have been better signposted. I can understand how Ross and Michael made the mistake but a mistake
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 05:34:18 AM »
I can see how Michael made the mistake, but Ross should have known, that's part of his job.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 10:57:33 AM »
Somehow I think it was MS that took the chance...Ross probably knew the rule, but was just trying to cover his behind post race.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »
If Ross had mentioned the rule (correct or incorrect interpretation) after the race, it would have been easily confirmed using the FIA's radio records. Interestingly, no such radio has been revealed, so either Ross said nothing or what he said tallies with the story that he didn't know.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle