collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 483
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Not all news is bad news  (Read 2694 times)

davewilson

Not all news is bad news
« on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:56 PM »
Neil,take a look at this.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1575/

The Stig

Offline Neil.P

Re: Not all news is bad news
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 11:51:53 AM »
Stig, only just seen this. Thanks for posting!

Not sure if you know but I've got a Caterham, think that was why I might have been a bit tough on Jeremy and his two sidekicks  ::)

To see him basically shrug his shoulders as the car falls off the axle stands... It took weeks of TLC to make sure there was not one scratch on my car while it was being built. Mind you mine's showing a few scars now!

Must say the new Sigma Engined Caterham does seem to be quite good value. Plus it's the Seven's 50th anniversary this year, so it's a good time for Caterham right?
We'll see, I heard last year they was quite a bit down on the 500 cars they usually sell annually. Plus the usual rumours of "are they going in the right direction, things could be better" etc are rife

Thanks again Stig
Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »

How easy was it to put together Neil?

Ive always fancied having a stab at this, I just need to find the space and the time!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:11:59 PM »
Wizard,
I'm gonna have to be honest. My Dad was in charge of the building process and he breezed through it. Caterhams come with all the dash and wiring built in. All the ali panels are fitted and the engines are ready to drop straight in. Very little drilling is needed and Caterham have got a very good helpline!

So if you've got your hands dirty with cars before it's easy I would say!

Now, if I was doing it on my own I think I might have struggled a bit. Some things do need a bit of car common sense, the lotus7 club forum is a wealth of knowledge and got us through a couple of sticky moments!

My Dad really enjoyed doing it, he was in his element :good:

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »

Thanks for the info. Have you seen this site?

http://www.mycaterham.com/4613.html

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:25:50 PM »
Yeah, that's Angus' site. I think you'd have to say that Angus is one of the top Caterham boys at the moment. He also plays a big part in the running of the lotus/Caterham 7 club. His model making and artwork are also second to none. I have to take my hat off to him, he's one clever boy!

Oh he's also a Massive Formula One freak, I've never met him but heard loads from other people!

Bloody good Website he's got there too :good:

Do you know him Wizard, or did you find his site by just browsing?

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:28:48 PM »

You're right it is a great site, very entertaining. I was looking for some video footage when I came across his video page.

I have just sent him an email though regarding secret Wizard stuff  :secret: so watch this space you never know.

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle