collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeroes Monaco  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Scott

Heroes and Zeroes Monaco
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:36:56 PM »
What, is everyone on holidays??

Heroes:

Webber/Vettel/RBR - Drove a perfect race - couldn't have done better.  Lucky that Mark's infraction didn't cost him seconds instead of Euros.  Vettel had one chance to get by him, and first he had to get around Kubica.  He got half the job done, but hand it to Webber for learning from experience.

Kubica - for proving to the world (and even me) that he has the ability to get a few more tenths out of the car than it deserves.  Too bad for him that he was on the dirty side at the start, but he stayed with Vettel the whole way.

Alonso - As much as I partially blame the last lap pass on him falling asleep at the wheel, after a drive like he did through the field in Monaco, he can have the excuse to be a bit tired by the end.  Massa can have honourable mention for keeping his race squeaky clean and staying in 4th when I was sure he wouldn't.

Schumacher - for staying in the hunt as much as the car would allow, and for showing that at the end of the day, a good racer takes any opportunity offered up...sort out the paperwork later.

Zeroes:

Sauber - not entirely their fault, but they had better start finishing races if they expect to get any more sponsorship. 

Williams - something seriously wrong with the car this race - Hulkenburg seemed to have no more steering, and Rubens complained of the same symptoms.

Rubens for acting like a spoiled baby having a tantrum.  Throwing the wheel was a bonehead move, and one he should have to pay for, both to Williams for their expensive electronics and to the FIA for breaking a cardinal rule.  Too bad it didn't bounce off the Mercedes and bonk him in the head (with his helmet on of course).

Mclaren - I don't care if it was a tiny mistake, it led to a massive loss.  Button may not have had a chance at a podium, but he certainly was in the hunt for top 5.  I wouldn't blink an eye while firing the guy that forgot the vent cover.  It just can't happen at this level of motorsport.  To top it off, someone actually figured that it wouldn't overheat even though they could have pulled him in at the end of the parade lap and yank it.  As I said in my post earlier, I'm sure racing through the field for a low points finish would have been better than a 4 lap race.  And I'm sure the sponsors would agree.

FIA/Race Stewards - Forgetting their own rules and previous penalties for Webber's pit lane speeding, and for letting the Alonso/Schumacher episode happen in the first place - why not just drive the bloody SC across the line and not even bother with a controversy.  Or better yet, give them another 2-3 laps to race to the end.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Heroes and Zeroes Monaco
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
Heroes:

Webber - never looked close to losing the race; only the safety cars spared the field from being lapped.

Kubica - the Renault simply had no right to be where it ended up.

di Grassi - for not falling off the track or immediately ceding position when combining the demands of a horribly oversteering car and massive pressure from Alonso. Deserved better than he got.

Zeroes:

Barrichello - the crash I can understand (I'd go so far as to doubt if driver error could possibly have caused it). Chucking the steering wheel out into the track I cannot. Rubens was lucky to avoid a penalty and the Hispanias were lucky to avoid litter-related accidents.

Trulli - what was he thinking when he tried passing Chandhok on lap 74? Granted, the only reason he was down there was due to a wheel not going on properly in the pits, but that could have easily been a much worse accident.

McLaren - specifically whoever should have removed Button's bung and didn't.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Williamsfan

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:09:30 AM »
Heroes-

Webber- Great drive from pole to take the win.  He is doing a good job securing his future in F1, but it should never have been in doubt anyway.  Nice reliability in the Red Bull as well for him.

Alonso- Mega drive with a stroke of good luck.  Jugirl should be thanking Hulkenberg for his amazingly timed accident :D

Kubica- What a season he is having, dragging every hundredth of a second out of the Renault.  Not surprising to see so many people improve their opinions of him. 

Zeroes-

Williams  :'(

Rubens- Shocking behaviour throwing his steering wheel onto the track.  Even more shocking was that he did not get punished for it.

McLaren- What was going on with them this weekend.  A really basic error ruined Button's race.

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
Heroes - Webber for qualifying in pole
Zeroes - F1. The most boring GP I have ever watched (and I have watched many).
 :'(

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:26 AM »
Heroes;

Webber, Fast all weekend, even in the pitlane!
Kubica, showed why is feared by Hamilton and is one of the few drivers of quality not in a fast car this season. Unlucky to finish 3rd probably could've done a lot better but for poor grip at the start.
Alonso, Apart from getting all Mediterranean at the start and waving his hands around at the back end of a Virgin(!), a quality drive.
Hamilton, for asking the question we were all thinking when we heard the radio transmission from McLaren at less than half way through the race. Then for driving 48 laps around Monaco with dodgy brakes!
Schumacher, for that end of the race pass, showing the old git still has some talent ( :D ) and also that he can still court controversy like the old days!  :D

Zeroes;

Williams, spectacular crashes but a shocking result for such a team, driver errors or mechanical failures?!
Barrichello, for lobbing his steering wheel onto the racing line.
McLaren, for A being remarkably forgetful ll weekend with Buttons car and playing hide the random part! Also for not realising that Monaco needs brakes!!
Trulli, for almost taking off Chandok's head with a silly lunge.
The Marshall, who reported the loose manhole cover that never was!
The FIA, for that rule.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:52:06 AM by stealthhaggis »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 01:01:15 PM »
Heroes:

Webber - Top of the field for the entire week-end. This may finally be his year.

Vettel & Kubica - With young guns like this, we may be in for some very good years.

Alonso - Made a great charge up through the field, even if he did stop racing one corner too soon.

Schumacher - An absolutely classic overtaking move. To bad it was against a Ferrari, and therefor illegal.

Zeroes:

The FIA - The T car is there, it's just not assembled. A false economy if ever there was one. Bring back the T car and avoid future incidents like this one with Alonso.

The FIA - Well, we'll pretend that the race ended under green (wink, wink, nod, nod)

An unknown McLaren mechanic - I wonder where he's working today?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

all who have posted here have covered all the points so well there is really no gap for me to plug - it's so great to be surrounded by passionate and perceptive people even if I cannot get a word in!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23:41 PM »

Hewro's

Monaco-not for the proccession race but
for the history and the views

Alonso-good drive,wonder what he'd be doing in the Renault?

Webber-couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Rueben's-just from the view point of the steering
              wheel manufactors

Zero's

FIA-for keeping the rules where the teams  need to
      hire codebreakers to understand them

Trulli-why'd he ty that Sato move

Sauber-I can't see them returning next  year unless
            improvement is shown
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Jugirl

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »
Heroes-

Webber- Great drive from pole to take the win.  He is doing a good job securing his future in F1, but it should never have been in doubt anyway.  Nice reliability in the Red Bull as well for him.

Alonso- Mega drive with a stroke of good luck.  Jugirl should be thanking Hulkenberg for his amazingly timed accident :D

Kubica- What a season he is having, dragging every hundredth of a second out of the Renault.  Not surprising to see so many people improve their opinions of him. 

Zeroes-

Williams  :'(

Rubens- Shocking behaviour throwing his steering wheel onto the track.  Even more shocking was that he did not get punished for it.

McLaren- What was going on with them this weekend.  A really basic error ruined Button's race.

I agree Williamsfan, though Webber should have received a drive through for speeding in the pitlane :p
Alonso did Great :D, proved overtaking is possible and made his tyres last superbly!
From now on though my second driver is going to be Hulkenberg ;) hehe
Jugirl

Ps - dont give up on Williams, they will come good. Keep smiling :)

David

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »

all who have posted here have covered all the points so well there is really no gap for me to plug - it's so great to be surrounded by passionate and perceptive people even if I cannot get a word in!

Hear hear Sennaman.  :good:

Only one driver missed out of all the posts. Massa, he had a great weekend IMO.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 05:44:21 AM »
Hey Dave...read mine again.  He gets honourable mention, and even on the 'heroes' side (believe it or not - yeah, it's me talking here)  :D

David

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
Hey Dave...read mine again.  He gets honourable mention, and even on the 'heroes' side (believe it or not - yeah, it's me talking here)  :D

If that's as close you can come to a compliment for my favorite driver, I suppose it will have to do mate.  ;)

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 07:42:21 AM »
That's as close as it gets, buddy  :D :D :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle