collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 230
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 15 teams apply for final place on 2011 F1 grid  (Read 1066 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
15 teams apply for final place on 2011 F1 grid
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »

:o  I don't know which bit suprises me most, the 15 applications or the front running status of a team fronted by the son of the FIA President? :DntKnw: I think most of us expected the old boy network & nepotism to be firmly off the aggenda with the new look FIA ::)

No less than 15 teams have applied for the final place on the 2011 formula one grid.
Italian website 422race.com reports that the governing FIA has now written to all those who expressed interest in the place made vacant by the demise of USF1.

June 21 has been set as the deadline for the teams' actual application and dossier, at which time EUR12,750 must be paid.

The frontrunners must be successful GP2 team ART, headed by FIA president Jean Todt's son Nicolas, and the Spanish Le Mans competitor Epsilon Euskadi.

422race.com claims that more than one team may be selected by the FIA, in case HRT or Sauber run further into financial trouble.

OneStopStrategy.com, today

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: 15 teams apply for final place on 2011 F1 grid
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »
To be fair, it is editorialising that puts Todt's ART at the top of the list, nothing official... the writer is simply assuming business as usual.

However, if ART is successful at GP2, that should put them at a front running position regardless of ownership, shouldn't it?

Hopefully if ART is in, then Todt will sell his share of the team (which will be worth a fair bit more with an official F1 entry!)

Is Sauber really in a more tenuous position than Lotus or Virgin (or Williams?) or is the writer just trying not to pick on the new teams exclusively?

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »
I guess that explains why Massa is going to pack his bags...sounds like his management has bigger fish to fry.   :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »
ART have done well in GP2, in fact they've led 3 drivers to the title (Rosberg, Hamilton and Hulkenberg) so why shouldn't the team that helped get them into F1 be a front runner for F1 as well?  It was considered a feeder series for teams and drivers alike.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:55:12 AM »
I think Sauber is in a more tenous position than Lotus in terms of sponsorship but that it won't sink while Peter Sauber's at the helm. Hispania is in danger but I don't think it will fall either. Still, it never hurts to have a reserve in place just in case the unexpected happens - last year being a case in point.

It doesn't surprise me that ART's a frontrunner; indeed I would be questioning the sense of the people at the FIA if it wasn't. As long as Jean keeps out of the process and the people who make the decision don't put ART in just to curry favour with their boss, it should all work out OK.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:57:04 AM »
I was reading the other day that Epsilon Euskadi are the favourites to land the slot if they can prove they can finance themselves for 2 years, to the FIA.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle