collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 604
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Who do you blame?

Webber
Vettell
Both equally

Author Topic: Webber v Vettell  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Andy B

Webber v Vettell
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »
A racing accident?
In my view Vettell caused the accident and took himself out but it seems from the TV, well Eddy Jordan, things Webber was also to blame but then ther Maccers showed how it should be done.
Cast your vote and maybe Christian Horner will look in!! ;)

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

Re: Webber v Vettell
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »
No question.  Webber gave him a car width during the pass.  If he moved over any more he would have been questioned about 'gifting' Vettel the pass.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »
I could only see it as being Vettel's fault, he moved over too early and clipped Webber who had left enough room for Seb to pass him. Pity.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
No question.  Webber gave him a car width during the pass.  If he moved over any more he would have been questioned about 'gifting' Vettel the pass.

exactly, and eddie JORDAN is a tosser trying to remain on good terms with SV!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:06:05 PM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 04:24:51 PM »
Looked like Vettel's fault to me and by Horner's
comments I know who his favorite is
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
ARGH!!! I accidently voted for Webber! Make that Vettel!!!!!!!
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline roger44

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »
I could only see it as being Vettel's fault, he moved over too early and clipped Webber who had left enough room for Seb to pass him. Pity.

Is it possible Webber was actually letting Vettle past but it got scrwed up and now they need someone to blame to avoid an investigation

Offline greener_09

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »
Totally Vettels fault if he was racing anyone else i would understand but you dont take risks like that with your team mate

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
ARGH!!! I accidently voted for Webber! Make that Vettel!!!!!!!

Ha ha :-[ So did I and I set it up!! :-[ :-[ :fool:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

David

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
Vettel without question.

He has went down in my estimation after that move, and his reaction afterwards. :crazy:

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
So it's actually 10-0

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
So it's actually 10-0

Yup!  ;)

Hey Wizzo, you reading this? Think you can "fix" this poll and move the 2 "no's" to "yes"?

Williamsfan

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
It does seem awfully like the Red Bull team is turning against Webber, Helmut Marko blamed Webber for not moving over as Vettel was 2 meters ahead  :crazy:  Yeah, Webber should give over.  Great to see a driver is now not allowed to defend his position from his team mate.  Full story below, from autosport:

Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko insists that both its Formula 1 team's drivers are treated exactly the same - even though he has publicly blamed Mark Webber for trying to defend his position during his Turkish Grand Prix crash.

Webber and team-mate Sebastian Vettel collided in their fight for the lead at Istanbul – throwing away the team's chances of taking the win, and handing victory to main title rivals McLaren.

But although it has emerged that race leader Webber's position was compromised by having to turn his engine down to save fuel, while Vettel was allowed to attack him at full power, Marko is adamant both men are given a fair and equal chance.

"We are handling our team and both drivers in the same way," insisted Marko. "Vettel was under such pressure and if such a situation comes up – you have to look after the team. We still could have been 1-2."

Marko says Vettel was allowed to attack Webber because there was no option to back him off – as Lewis Hamilton was right behind the Red Bull Racing drivers.

"It wasn't a situation where we were racing each other," said Marko. "We were under enormous pressure from the McLarens – they were much faster on the straights so we had to gain our advantage in the corners.

"He had to attack otherwise he would have got overtaken by Hamilton – it would have been completely different if the McLarens were 10-seconds behind, but that wasn't the case."

Asked for his views on the accident, Marko reckons that Vettel was in the right to turn across the track, even with Webber there, since the German had got his nose ahead.

"He [Vettel] was already ahead, at least two metres ahead, and there was a corner to the left side coming, so he had to go for the line," he said. "He cannot brake on the dirt because for sure he knows what happens.

"But it was unnecessary the whole situation. We will talk with everybody quite clearly to make it not happen again."

Marko said that he had spoken to Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz and he explained the Austrian was 'not amused' by the events of Turkey.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 08:13:54 PM »
I thought the definition of "defend" in F1 racing was actually moving your car somewhat. It's been a few hours since I saw the replay but did Webber move at all before being hit? I mean, other than in a straight line? LOLOL  :DntKnw:

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »
Sounds to me like Marko forgot how to race since he quit driving.  If someone is trying to pass you on the inside, you WANT to keep them on the dirty line, so hopefully they blow their braking point and you can go on by and keep your position.  If he is actually saying that once one of their drivers puts a toe in front of the other one, that the other one should pull over, then I'd kinda call that team orders.  I'm sorry for Mark, but I imagine he will instruct Flavio to start up talks with other teams now.  A week or two back I said he would be crazy to leave RBR.  I take that back now - if the support is so obviously on Vettel, then Mark should make sure he's in front of Vettel at every opportunity, and start to ignore the team when they tell you to turn your engine down while you are ahead of Vettel.  

Vettel's story is weak.  Once he was ahead he concentrated on the corner braking points??  Hey Seb, you should pay attention to where your car is until you know your rear diffuser has passed the other driver's front wing.

The Mclaren's showed how teammates can battle without blowing the team's position or wrecking their cars.  Webber did nothing wrong, not at all out of place.  Vettel has to earn his passes, even (or especially) against his teammate.  

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle