collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 288
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Canada Heroes and Zeroes  (Read 1934 times)

David

Canada Heroes and Zeroes
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »
Heroes

McLaren Boys - Fantastic race from both Lewis and Jenson, showing Red Bull the road this weekend.

Ferrari - Giving the drivers a car fit to compete at the sharp end, and well done to Alonso for bring it home on the podium.  :yahoo:

Buemi - Really class act in this race and a great pass on the old master Shumi, deserves the position he found himself in. Looking good for the future for this lad.  :good:

The Tyres - It's great to see the tyres on their limit bringing a great bit of strategy into the race and making it what it was. Excellent.

Zeroes

Massa - Had the car this weekend but wanted to go stock car racing. Nice double overtake during the race on Sutil and Alguersuari though. Come on wee man and get on the pace, I need some ammo to throw at Scotty.

Red Bull - Out smarted on the day?

Michael Schumacher - Oh dear, what a crappy weekend he had. Cost Ferrari a point too.  >:(

Ron Dennis - A McLaren 1-2 and the miserable git still can't crack a smile.  :crazy:

Offline Dare

Re: Canada Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:24:32 AM »
hero's

new rules-could we have been wrong about them?It
               was a great race

Mclaren-great racing but I thought Hamilton deserved
            a penality for his pitlane antics

Buemi-in the right car I think he has championship
          potential

Alonso-good race and for putting a smile on Ju's face

Zero's

MS-just when I thought his season had turned around

the weather-where was the rain

Red Bull-no other reason than the comments of the
             last 2 weeks
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:25:54 AM »
Heroes: Hamilton drove a well judged race and made a couple of aggressive
            passes when he needed to.

Button pounced on Alonso when traffic gave him a break.

Rosberg drove a clean race and got a good result on a day his teammate had
            problems.

Zeroes: Schumacher, how long are they going to allow him to run people off the road
            before someone tells him he's not King of The World anymore?
Lonny

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:49 AM »
Agree about Hamilton in the pitlane. But he won't stop until they smack him with a big penalty, like a 10 place grid penalty at the next race.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:35:36 AM »
I am going to disagree. HAMILTON did nothing wrong but McLAREN did, the team probly deserves a fine or somthing for unsafe release, but he waited until he was out of pit lane to put presure on Alonso, and its not like he was pushing Alonso towards the wall or anything.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »
I believe you are not supposed to drive down the pit lane inside the blue line. He should have backed off when he saw Alonso along side. That is twice he has continued 2 abreast down the pit lane, which is not allowed. Or am I mistaken in thinking the pits are single file?

Lonny
Lonny

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »
Today I'll start with the zeroes:

My Sky TV box- for crashing and making me miss the second half of the race.

Schumacher- For appearing so average now.

Williams- For having so many errors that cost a potentially decent points haul.  Really a frustrating race.

Heroes:

McLaren- For getting a one 1-2 finish and for showing some seriously good pace.

Alonso- From what I saw he had a really strong race.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »
Heroes;
Lewis and Jenson - For both driving excellent races, the perfect tyre management combined with excellent pace and opportunistic passing when needed.
Alonso - For showing Ferrari are actually quick and are going to make it a 3 team race.
Vettel - For asking 'What's the current lap record' when whizzing around with a broken car!
McLaren - For getting the tyres just right.
Kubica - Was really very quick and was always a threat, Schumacher ended his attack though sadly.
Luizi - From Zero to Hero, excellent qualifying for a driver under as much pressure as he was and was quick all race. Was unlucky with Massa although he started it Massa certainly ended it.
Martin Whitmarsh - For his raised eyebrow when Eddie Jordan, after rambling on for about 5 minutes, finally said "What I want to know is..."
Heikki - Driving the wheels off his Lotus every race but actually finishing ahead of a works team, Petrov in his Reno, and only just behind a Ferrari! Well done son!!

Zero's;
Red Bull - For not pitting Webber early enough.
Massa - For hitting Luzi about a hundred times, not all of those were accidental!
Schumacher - For showing what a lot of people hate about him, dangerous and reckless driving at it's worst.
Nico H - For cutting the chicane about a hundred times, I thought that was a penalty?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:24 PM »
Heroes:

McLaren: did just about everything right.

Buemi - Fought above his weight. I think he's the first river since Vettel to lead a race for STR.

Liuzzi - Showed far better form then I would have expected.

Zeroes:

Red Bull Racing - If there was any doubt about the team favoring Vettel, the fact that the team reversed the tire strategy between the two cars should end it. If Webber had gotten soft tires when Vettel did, he might well have won the race.

Schumacher - He's going to get one of those bumper stickers "Yes, I DO own the whole damn road!"

Massa - He did seem to think it was a game of Bumper Cars.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 05:09:26 PM »
Heroes

Webber - for not just parking his car and smacking his race team.. "watch your tyres - pass those cars!"

Vettel - for showing he CAN race wheel-to-wheel  :tease:

McLaren - The late season surge has begun early this year!

Race Location - YAY! I didn't have to get up at 4AM to watch!

The Race! - I honestly didn't think we could have had a race with that much excitement in dry condidtion. Of course, the location helped but lets hope this continues.

Zeroes

- And the first annual "Juan Pablo Montoya CART-Era Bumper Bar Impersonation" goes to Michael Schumacher!

- 55m Pit Lane Rule? Hamilton? F1? Has this rule been repealed? Bottom line is someone is going to get killed. Scott has pointed out that at least in CART (Nascar, IRL) there is concrete barrier to jump behind. I don't like it, but rules is rules..unless of course we are talking about F1!

- My wife for sleeping in thereby putting me on pancake detail RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE for my daughter and her friend that slept over.  :'( ;)
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 04:23:09 AM »

Williams- For having so many errors that cost a potentially decent points haul.  Really a frustrating race.

Here is somthing to simle about Williamsfan   ;)
!

Williamsfan

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:28 AM »
That was brilliant, thanks for that PG!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »
Heroes

Force India - for fighting back after messy starts to claim a double points finish and a double helping of just desserts for Schumacher.

Buemi - those three points for a normally-overlooked driver were sweet.

Chandhok - for beating a Virgin on merit and still finding time to support the Strakka (which won the LMP2 class this weekend) and take photos of lots of historic F1 cars.

Zeroes

Schumacher - for driving that resembled mine, except that I don't usually make weird defensive moves damage other people's cars when I go on a kart circuit. I didn't feel cheated by his lack of penalty because I felt being passed by damaged, inconvenienced Force Indias on merit was penalty enough... Please Michael, either get your act together or gracefully re-retire (other series with higher tolerance levels for inconsistent, over-aggressive driving are available).

Massa - for hitting everything in sight that possessed wheels.

Charlie Whiting - for approving a pit lane for use in F1 where the 55m safety rule is completely unworkable.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle