collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Which do you prefer the old or the new.

The old
The new

Author Topic: New format GP interviews  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Andy B

New format GP interviews
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
The post qualifying and post race interviews have changed the desk has gone and the drivers are wearing the microphones.
I think it looks better and is more up to date it does stop them chatting when not being interviewed. :good:
I am assuming its not just for Canada!! :DntKnw:

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Canada Darrell™

Re: New format GP interviews
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:08:10 PM »
"I think it looks better and is more up to date it does stop them chatting when not being interviewed."

You mean you don't like watching two drivers trying to chat while the third is being interviewed? I wonder if they implemented this system because of Webber explaining/showing Hamilton how Vettel cut him off at Turkey?! That was one of the best post-race interviews ever. :D
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

David

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:37:29 PM »
I now want to see Kimi come back just to see if he can leave the mic alone.  :DD

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
"I think it looks better and is more up to date it does stop them chatting when not being interviewed."

You mean you don't like watching two drivers trying to chat while the third is being interviewed? I wonder if they implemented this system because of Webber explaining/showing Hamilton how Vettel cut him off at Turkey?! That was one of the best post-race interviews ever. :D

The problem is most of the time you cannot hear what they are saying.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I thought it was because the Canadians couldn't afford a proper desk!

Offline greener_09

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »
Personaly i didnt like it.I thought the drivers looked uncomfortable slouched in their chairs instead of having a table to lean on.They've got to be pretty knackered after the race and probably need the table to hold themselves up.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
Personaly i didnt like it.I thought the drivers looked uncomfortable slouched in their chairs instead of having a table to lean on.They've got to be pretty knackered after the race and probably need the table to hold themselves up.

They definitely did look uncomfortable.

I don't mind the FIA trying something new though.  A lot of the post race interviews felt like someone was on trial, rather than jubilant about winning.  Why not just go with interviews right up at the winner's circle?

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
A lot of the time the interviews they have after it are better anyway. Where the drivers can talk more freely and not when they are right next to the guy they've just beaten/lost too.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »
In lots of bike racing they interview them one at a time and they lean against a podium.
I like the new method the old one had been around for years and had become dated. :good:

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
To be honest it was the colour of the drinks that interested me the most, Qualifying was florescent green race day was dull orange! Both remained untouched!!  :DD

Offline greener_09

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
Yeah i noticed the drinks to Stealth.The orange one looked like rough cider or at least what comes out of you after a heavy night on the cider

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 04:07:47 PM »
Impressive amount then! :DD

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
The version I saw here was not particularly good for me because I couldn't hear a word anyone said. However that may well be a sound balance issue rather than an inherant problem with that type of miking.

It seemed strange to have the different seating arrangement but I'll probably get used to it.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
The version I saw here was not particularly good for me because I couldn't hear a word anyone said. However that may well be a sound balance issue rather than an inherant problem with that type of miking.

It seemed strange to have the different seating arrangement but I'll probably get used to it.

I think there was a problem with the setup Ali, it was tougher to hear than normal.

Or maybe you've just been listening to too many of those horns in South Africa...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »
I haven't heard a single vuvuzela yet (nobody in my household is a football fan, unless you count Mum liking the England fans staying home so she can have nice quiet evening rides) so I'll go with the "setup problem" theory.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle