collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 146
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Another shining example of F1 fines & punishments  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Another shining example of F1 fines & punishments
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:45:58 AM »
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=48620

Obviously they are more concerned about all the cheating in recent years or even the perception of cheating as opposed to SAFETY violations.   

$10,000 for not showing up in time to get your fuel tested vs. $2000 fine for speeding in the pits (Webber 2 or 3 races ago).

I'm just sayin'  :P   

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Another shining example of F1 fines & punishments
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:52 AM »

I'm pretty sure that McLaren knew they were taking a flyer with this one and had calculated the punishment for not being able to provide a fuel sample or being underweight is far greater than the one they may get for stopping on track. IMO there is a very big difference about this and the speeding infractions because of the probable premeditated intent.

This is more about prevention than punishment from the FIA, this is covered by a memo and is not a regulation so cannot result in a grid drop or exclusion from the session.  If they didn't jump on McLaren for this everyone would be trying to pull this low fuel/weight trick at the next GP and then there would be a right old circus.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:22 AM »
I agree with you both!!
But it was entertaining seeing LH sitting atop the car waving to the crowds and then hopping out and pushing it.
Whether it was intentional is a matter of opinion and we shall probably never know. :DntKnw:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
The fine for the speeding was a joke...the fine for Mclaren stopping on the track after Q just to save enough fuel for their fuel test was not...I'd like to see a regulation stipulating that any team with not enough fuel to get back to Parc Ferme after Q or the race should be excluded from the race weekend.  I can't stand that they don't put enough fuel in the cars for a proper race just to get a few tenths early in the race.  I don't even like that they are allowed to turn down the engines to save fuel.  Let the drivers try to drive differently to save fuel would be much more interesting - yet they would still be able to gun it if someone was trying to pass them (like a teammate!  >:( ). 

The fuel saving mode opens the window to abuse like team orders (as we have already seen), and I'd rather the drivers have the ability to race at top speed for the entire race. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Jugirl

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
it was entertaining seeing LH sitting atop the car waving to the crowds and then hopping out and pushing it.
Whether it was intentional is a matter of opinion and we shall probably never know. :DntKnw:

I think it was intentional, to give Lewis the edge, but totally agree it was hilarious when he was pushing his car. Most manual work he has done for years hehe  :P
Jugirl

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »
Since it was a breach of the Technical Regulations, Hamilton should have been excluded from qualifying and made to start from the pits. It's only because the FIA decided to go for the lesser offence of exceeding the maximum "return to pits" time (which by the way is in no regulations whatsoever) that it didn't happen. So he got given too harsh and too light a penalty simultaneously.

Is this recognition that asking for an entire litre to be left in the car is a stupid idea in the first place?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline marriner

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:29:49 AM »
Lewis got away easy today.  No penalty for being released into the Ferrari during a pit stop.  I could not believe it.  He should have had a stop and go penalty during the race. I think the F1 establishment is so pro Lewis, it's a circus.

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 05:48:22 AM »
Let the drivers try to drive differently to save fuel would be much more interesting - yet they would still be able to gun it if someone was trying to pass them (like a teammate!  >:( ). 

The fuel saving mode opens the window to abuse like team orders (as we have already seen), and I'd rather the drivers have the ability to race at top speed for the entire race. 

:good: Indy got rid of theirs, best move they have mad in a while. but i casused conways 500 crash, witch is bringing up all these rediculous saftey concers that are legit for the first few races with out the system but the drivers will get used to it quick and soon it will be all good. the system needs to be rid of in F1

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
Lewis got away easy today.  No penalty for being released into the Ferrari during a pit stop.  I could not believe it.  He should have had a stop and go penalty during the race. I think the F1 establishment is so pro Lewis, it's a circus.

The FIA has been anti-McLaren for so long, Lewis is going to need a few more pro Lewis rulings before we can even call things even  :-[

I would like the FIA to call things consistently.  I agree with having drivers as stewards, but how about having the SAME drivers as stewards.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »
Good point, also how about having rules rather than sodding memo's from 5 years ago?! F1 at it's best as always.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »

The FIA has been anti-McLaren for so long, Lewis is going to need a few more pro Lewis rulings before we can even call things even  :-[

I would like the FIA to call things consistently.  I agree with having drivers as stewards, but how about having the SAME drivers as stewards.

Whilst I agree McLaren have had a raw deal from the FIA in the past I hope current decisions are all based on a fair system for all, making partisan judgements, for or against, is not helpful to anyone.

On the subject of the new ex driver advisors I am amazed at how similar the treatment of the driving incidents has been race to race. To me it seems the old boys individual views are more in tune with each other than the rule makers ever expected, once a racer always a racer seems to be the watchword.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle