collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 372
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lotus gear up for 500th Grand Prix celebrations  (Read 2853 times)

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Lotus gear up for 500th Grand Prix celebrations
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

I hope everyone at Lotus enjoys this historic milestone.  :good:  My appetite is now also whetted about what's on the 'legends favourites' menu.  :DntKnw: Anyone got any clues?

This weekend's European Grand Prix in Valencia marks a major milestone for the Lotus name, as the team enters its 500th Grand Prix weekend. The milestone will be celebrated by the new Lotus Racing team throughout the weekend, and Clive Chapman, the son of original Lotus founder Colin Chapman, will be on-hand to join in the action.

The Lotus team made its debut in the hands of Chapman at the 1958 Monaco Grand Prix with just one of their two cars finishing some 13 laps behind race winner Maurice Trintignant. Since then the Lotus marque has racked up 73 wins, 102 pole positions and 164 podium finishes. In March, the Lotus name returned to the grid after a 15-year hiatus as part of Mike Gascoyne's latest efforts.

“I'm really looking forward to this weekend, and am excited about both celebrating the 500th race Lotus has competed in, and helping add another chapter to one of motorsport's greatest stories,” Gascoyne, chief technical officer of Lotus, said ahead of the weekend.

“We've already come a long way this season, and have much further to go until we can add more glory to the Lotus legend, but I and the whole team are very proud to be in a position to help the Lotus name reach this landmark moment, and it'll be great to celebrate that with Clive, Tony and the whole team.”

Team principal Tony Fernandes was also looking forward to the weekend. “Celebrating the 500th race will be an absolute honour, and will obviously be very special, but we're only nine races of the whole Lotus story,” said Fernandes. “Really, this weekend is all about celebrating Colin Chapman's history, and thanking Clive, his Mother Hazel, and all the people that have helped shape the Lotus legend.”

As part of the celebrations, the Lotus cars will feature a special "500", while the logo will also be carried on the team's garage environment. Meanwhile members of the paddock will be able to sample some of the favourite dishes of various Lotus legends including Chapman and Stirling Moss with the team's catering staff due to put together a unique menu for each of the four days.

Manipef1.com, Today

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Lotus gear up for 500th Grand Prix celebrations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:44 PM »
13 laps back?

I guess the current Lotuses aren't so bad in comparisson  :tease:

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Lotus gear up for 500th Grand Prix celebrations
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:37:20 AM »
Lotus improved after they switched to a mid engined design, the 18 I believe. They really hit their stride when they debuted the first monocoque, the 25. After that it was one first after another. I don't think any other team introduced so many innovative design concepts as Lotus during the Chapman years. I have a problem thinking of the new team as an extension of classic Team Lotus, nevertheless I hope they succeed.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle