collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 484
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nothing changes at Ferrari  (Read 14490 times)

Offline greener_09

Re: Nothing changes at Ferrari
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »
I feel so sorry for Massa he earned and deserved the victory today especially on the 1 year anniversary of his accident and he was robbed by Ferrari they should be ashamed

Williamsfan

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
The problem is the general behaviour by Ferrari in the whole build up to the incident.  The radio conversations between Smedley and Massa are incredibly damning and indicative of the rules being broken.  Whilst RBR might favour Vettel, they have not had anything quite so overtly resembling team orders this season.  More needs to happen in regards to this matter and Ferrari must see more punishment surely?  Sad, since they were heading for a 1-2 anyway.

Offline Hampster

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:43 PM »
I think Ferrari were silly because they could have done that a lot more subtle. I.E poor pit stop for Massa.

yeah i concur, massa came out of the corner and changed gear at 14000 rpm letting Alonso cruise past, but

but Ferrari have been US$100,000 by the FIA after race stewards deemed they had breached sporting regulations. The case has also been referred to the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC).
  theres more scandal to come

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/7/11071.html

Offline Andy B

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »
a $100000 fine is a poultry slap on the wrist and I am sure the press will be in full flow tomorrow.
Team rules are in F1 always have been and I expect always will be but at least don't make it so blatant that it takes all the supporters for fools.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline greener_09

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »
The fine is rediculous and wont teach anyone a lesson so it wont stop anyone doing it again there will always be team orders no matter what any team says but to make it this obvious is embarrasing

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »
Ferrari breaches the sporting regulations, they get a $100,000 fine.  Mclaren breaches sporting regulations, they get $100,000,000 fine.  Something's not quite right.  Oh yeah, Jean Todt is head of the FIA. :nono:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
I think that a reasonable penalty is to simply deduct WCC points, and let the drivers keep their WDC points.

It's hardly Alonso's fault that Massa pulled over... I supose one could blame Massa in this... he is the one who was in control... but it really was from 'above'. 

Just like in 2007 when McLaren was excluded from the WCC, but the drivers continued to fight for the WDC.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 06:29:24 AM »
I think this means Massa will never be WDC. I cannot imagine Ferd, or Hamilton, or Webber pulling over for a team mate. unless it was the absolute difference in a championship. Felipe just branded himself #2 at Ferrari.

Lonny
Lonny

Williamsfan

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »
I wonder though if this was down to some small contractual obligations as was being alluded to on the tv commentary?

Jugirl

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 07:51:17 AM »
I wonder though if this was down to some small contractual obligations as was being alluded to on the tv commentary?

If it was a contractual obligation would Massa need to be told to move over and let Alonso through? Surely he would just have done it sooner and more discretely.
Also if it was contractual why did both him and Rob Smedley looked so angry with the decision?

Jugirl

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
Felipe just branded himself #2 at Ferrari.

Lonny

He's been #2 at Ferrari since he joined.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »

If it was a contractual obligation would Massa need to be told to move over and let Alonso through? Surely he would just have done it sooner and more discretely.
Also if it was contractual why did both him and Rob Smedley looked so angry with
Jugirl

I think you'd still be rather miffed even if it was contractual, given that Alonso didn't really show much ability to pass Massa on track, given that it was a year since Massa's massive injury and also that it seemed to take the majority of the the race for Ferrari to make the call.  A clause might be inplace to favour Alonso in certain situations but the actual definitions could be slightly ambiguous?  Who knows.  Anyway I would like to see some more serious punishment for this regardless of what the reasons are.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »

I think that a reasonable penalty is to simply deduct WCC points, and let the drivers keep their WDC points.

To leave the drivers championship points intact signals that team orders are ok to help a driver gain in the championship, but not for constructers points, this clearly cannot be right. The only mitigation argument for allowing Alonso thru could be the danger of losing the one/two and the constructers points, for the team, from the charging Seb in the Red Bull.

F1 is only a team game because of the constructors championship. Surely better therefore that the WMSC takes away the drivers points but leaves the team points. Which driver is then going to want his teamate moved out of the way by the team if he then loses his points? The team likewise will only make the call in very exceptional circumstances.

It's hardly Alonso's fault that Massa pulled over... I supose one could blame Massa in this... he is the one who was in control... but it really was from 'above'.

Alonso was on the radio screaming at the team about the situation, if that is not involvement and culpability I wonder what is?

Just like in 2007 when McLaren was excluded from the WCC, but the drivers continued to fight for the WDC.

Totally different circumstances, the drivers clearly took no active part in the McLaren spygate scenario, either in the initiation or actual transfer and retention of info.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline andyb

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »
This thing happens in all teams. McLaren ordering drivers to "hold station" is a team order, Red Bull swapping wings is just as much favouritism just as what happened yesterday was. All Ferrari needed to do was drop a wheel nut at a pit stop or let Massa run wide on turn 1 for example (like Jenson did accidently on the penultimate lap) and nothing more would have been said. It would have been deemed racing. Basically they were a subtle as a brick.

Ferrari made the right call (though controversial) but in TOTALLY the wrong way.
They are in the championships to win and Fernando is the man in the position to do it. I dont remember such an uproar in 2007 when Raikonnen was "allowed" to win the WDC by being given victory by Massa at his home Grand Prix in Brazil to enable him to beat Lewis by 1 point.

What is the difference??

Andy
Prancing Horse rules!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

Alonso was on the radio screaming at the team about the situation, if that is not involvement and culpability I wonder what is?

Alonso is ALWAYS screaming on the radio  :DD

Totally different circumstances, the drivers clearly took no active part in the McLaren spygate scenario, either in the initiation or actual transfer and retention of info.

I agree that points are a bigger penalty, whatever it works out, it will be a penalty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle