collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 591
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nothing changes at Ferrari  (Read 14522 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Nothing changes at Ferrari
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
In this case maybe, but if a large fine and points deductions from both Massa and the team itself, both the teams and the driver who moves over would have to take another look at such a strategy...and if Massa was hurt by a penalty more than Alonso for moving over, he would think twice about doing it ever again, regardless of what his contract says or doesn't say.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline JC1

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 01:52:08 AM »
All this talk about team orders has got to come to a head, one way or the other. It is a team effort identical liveries set the tone & theme of a team. Team orders will always be present in this sport, let's not play hipocritical  lets accept it and deal with it.
Life is Racing.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 05:43:14 AM »
If they want to do away with this rule, fine I'll watch something else, but until then the rule is no team orders, and Ferrari pretty clearly thumbed their nose at it. They deserve whatever they get.  >:D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 12:06:42 PM »

Hi JC1 and welcome, good to have a new member posting in the forum. I have sympathy for your point and recall that BAR were stopped from having different liveries on each car as entrants must present one team identity. There are also big money rewards for teams according to their finishing position each year in the constructors championship. F1 therefore is clearly a team game, but, and it is a very big but, crucially it is also an individual contest between drivers.

Of course most teams do favour one driver over another at certain times and this falls under the heading of team orders. Although technically all team orders are banned like all wrongdoing you need proof before you can even charge, let alone prove guilt, and this can be a big difficulty.

IMHO the no team orders rule was really introduced to stop the blatant and very public place swapping that teams were indulging in, a clear attempt by the authourities to help safeguard the integrity of the competition in the drivers championship by stopping obvious race fixing. Ferrari of all the teams should know why this rule was introduced, they had to pay a million bucks the last time they pulled the same stunt.

I personally can't see any reason to overturn the rule, this is the first time it has been used since it was introduced and as far as I can recall it's the first time any team has so blatantly rigged the outcome of a race since then as well. The WMSC must act decisively to uphold what little integrity the drivers championship has, and to ensure races appear to be a real contest to the public.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »
Howdy, JC1. Glad to have you here.

I agree with you, John. This kind of obvious race fixing will damage the reputation of the sport and drive away casual fans.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

seenathkumar

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »
Ferrari is never going to change they have the best technique on the race track. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you mean seenathkumar.  Can you explain a bit better?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle