collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 605
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Schumacher: The Lunatic  (Read 13115 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Schumacher: The Lunatic
« on: August 01, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »

I am so incensed over what Schumacher did to rubens at the Hungarian GP that my comments are unprintable

I just hope the FIA throws the proverbial book at this pathetic excuse for a human being including disqualifying him for the remainder of 2010 and banning him for life

once and for all this $%^&*@# has to be stopped before he kills someone.

so come on FIA, show some leadership and get rid of this mongrel wild dog 

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline greener_09

Re: Schumacher: The Lunatic
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
I totally agree with you Sennaman he needs to be stopped before he kills someone.How long are the FIA going to sit back and let him get away with this over aggresive driving.If Barrichello had hit the wall at that speed he may not have survived.I was never a Schumacher fan when he was in his prime and im especially not now.Hes a has been who should have stayed retired the only thing hes good at now is trying to take out other drivers i hope hes banned for life!

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
No ban for life..that'll have to wait for him to actually kill someone!  :nono:

10 place grid penalty for Spa:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=48996
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
I was always a Schumacher fan, but not any more, if you done that on the road you could be charged with attempted murder, his other escapades were about racing but not this one. The very least he should get is a ban for the remainder of the season. I've even took him off as my avatar.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

David

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
I have been a long time fan of Michael Schumacher and have defended him on almost every questionable move he has ever made. However, that ends today!! The move he pulled today was a disgrace, the man is a F*$/*~g animal and should be put down like one. A 10 place grid penalty is no where near enough of a penalty. I believe he put Rubens life at serious risk, and for what? A point!!  >:(

I don't know if anybody has heard his excuse for this? He stated that he was moving over to let RB overtake him to the left, and Ruben's chose to go to the right, leading to what we witnessed today. What a load of bull!!

Never thought I would have said this, but you should have stayed away Michael. My memories might have been of a racing hero instead of this. A sad day.  :(

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
Further to my previous post, if I were the boss of Mecedes I would take Schumacher out of the car and put Heidfeld in it.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »
I always admired his driving skill. That said, I was never a fan of Schumacher because of his habit of "questionable tactics" when pushed. Now, the skill is gone and the dirty driving has filled the void. The FIA needs to park him for at least one race and ban him for life if there is a repeat.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
Good point Ian...I would have already done that a few races ago.

I'll jump on the bandwagon.  Like Ian, I also have admired him and for the first 4 years was a fan.  This was right up there with his push against Frentzen when Schumacher was coming out of the pits (don't ask me the race, but I guess most of you remember).  I give credit to Rubens for keeping his foot in it, in fact it's probably what saved him from having a major crash.

It is a new low for Schumacher, and his replies just make me cringe.  There was no point that Rubens was going to take him on the outside.  Michael had his helmet turned hard right watching that mirror and as soon as he saw Rubens get past his rear tire, he moved over.  He didn't give him enough room like he said in the interview, enough room would mean Rubens didn't have to brush the concrete and then drive over the grass...enough room means he can pass ON THE TRACK.  

Ban him for life - fine him $100m for bringing the sport into disrepute.   >:D >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline raindancer

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 07:43:31 PM »
I have always maintained that MS was an ordinary driver who won dirty. It is proven today that he had no skill at all.
The man is after  all being found out.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
I have always maintained that MS was an ordinary driver who won dirty. It is proven today that he had no skill at all.
The man is after  all being found out.

C'mon Rain, you can't say he was an ordinary driver, I don't think any of us would say that.  An ordinary driver can't put in a Q-lap when asked to during a race on used tires just before a pit stop...he did that, plenty of times. 

I agree he is a lunatic (great thread title SennaMan!), and tried to put Rubens in the cement today, but I would never call him an ordinary driver.  Dirty is his forte, but don't deny his talent.

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
I can't believe all Schumacher got was a 10 place grid penalty for Spa, what a let off.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
All I have to say guys is your over reactions remind me of tabloid newspapers baying for blood. This is racing and it's not the first, and probably not the last time, for a display of tough track action.

Sure Schumi squeezed Rubens to the limit, but like Vettel on Mark a bit earlier in the year Barrichello kept his boot in and was just as determined as Vettel that he was coming through. On this occasion there was no contact  between cars or the wall, so however much you want this to be a hanging offence Rubens must have had enough space even though it was a huge brown trouser moment for him.

Michael is not blameless obviously and as he was already out of the points a grid drop for the next race is the only answer, however the 'New Men' Stewards 10 place drop clearly shows F1 is no longer a real mans sport.  IMO a 5 place drop should be quite enough, we'll be seeing Brian Barnhart's no blocking rule from Indy brought in next.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
Tough racing is one thing, but Schumacher clearly purposely drove Rubens off the track in an extremely dangerous place.  It wasn't just pushing him to the edge of the track, it was pushing him off the track that (I think) got most of us huffing and puffing.  I don't think it is just baying for blood.  In any series that sort of move would have much more serious consequences than Schumacher ended up with. 

Williamsfan

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
Pretty disgraceful penalty for an extremely disgraceful move by Schumacher.  Like many on here, I never actively supported him but I did respect him as a racing great.  He did not win all his titles by driving dirty but damn, he could have caused serious harm to Rubens today.  Maybe I am more incensed than usual as the victim today was one of my guys, but even taking my bias out of the picture Schumacher just took a massive chunk out of any lingering respect I had for him.  I hope he realises his time in F1 is up.  The FIA won't ban him for life, it is not going to happen and Mercedes have already come out in support of him.  But come on Schumacher, give up now before you do someone serious harm.  Also I agree with Scott about Schumacher's own comments on the situation... very embarrassing.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 09:47:36 PM »
Concrete walls are very unforgiving. F1 last on-track fatality was in 1994. If antics like Schumacher's disgraceful attempt to put Barrichello in the wall aren't stopped, that record won't last much longer.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle