collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 154
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL: Seb is the SATURDAY Man!  (Read 1883 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
IT'S OFFICIAL: Seb is the SATURDAY Man!
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:17:09 AM »
but hardly ever wins on SUNDAY;

seven poles this year but converts to only one win.

'nuff said?

oh dear, so sad to see a good driver be so bad!

:P :tease: >:D :-[ :o :swoon: :D

;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:21:03 AM by SennaMan »

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Dare

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL: Seb is the SATURDAY Man!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:20:31 AM »
I'd like to put a good,noncomplaining,nice guy in
that Red Bull,hey wait that was Seb Vettel a few
years ago ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:53:29 AM »
Still wet behind the ears.....
He should spend his summer vacation studying the rules (as foolish as most of them are).
Maybe nex tyear.....
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
Spot on Sennaman, you'd think that after the antics behind the safety car at Monaco every driver would have studied the S/C rulebook. He should stop whinging and get on with the job, he's capable of it, saying that I hope Mark wins the WDC.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
It is odd as he seems to be making more 'rookie' errors this year than at any other time in his career yet.  I still think he is a brilliant racer but I wonder if the pressure on him due to the incredible speed of the car making him a title favourite is playing on his mind as he seems to lack the fun he used to have.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »

I hate him most of all for costing me big time in the Grid Game at this race, why oh why couldn't he get it right???  :fool:   I could have had a clean sweep of the top four on my double up.  :swoon:

Seb's still young and I seem to recall another young racer, one Lewis Hamilton, who spent a couple of years tripping himself up at a lot of races. It must be really hard for these young drivers living with the tremendous expectations piled on them because they have the top cars. Seb will undoudtably be a champion, but it's looking less likely this year. 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 05:31:46 PM »
It is odd as he seems to be making more 'rookie' errors this year than at any other time in his career yet.  I still think he is a brilliant racer but I wonder if the pressure on him due to the incredible speed of the car making him a title favourite is playing on his mind as he seems to lack the fun he used to have.

....very true Wf, and a certain 'aged' aussie warrior keeps beating him and perhaps has got irritatingly inside seb's still maturing race brain.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »
I think John's called it right.  Vettel is just making some rookie errors at the moment.  He will learn from them (hopefully) and get back up on the horse either later in this season or maybe next.  In the meantime, I think he has some reflecting to do during the break - look back at the first half of the season and figure out what part HE played in the races he should have won, but didn't.  Since he can't control what others do (officials, teammates, etc...), what is the point in getting mad at them?  Figure out what he could have done better and concentrate on not making those same mistakes during the second half of the season.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »

I hate him most of all for costing me big time in the Grid Game at this race, why oh why couldn't he get it right???  :fool:   I could have had a clean sweep of the top four on my double up.  :swoon:

Seb's still young and I seem to recall another young racer, one Lewis Hamilton, who spent a couple of years tripping himself up at a lot of races. It must be really hard for these young drivers living with the tremendous expectations piled on them because they have the top cars. Seb will undoudtably be a champion, but it's looking less likely this year.

I think John's called it right.  Vettel is just making some rookie errors at the moment.  He will learn from them (hopefully) and get back up on the horse either later in this season or maybe next.  In the meantime, I think he has some reflecting to do during the break - look back at the first half of the season and figure out what part HE played in the races he should have won, but didn't.  Since he can't control what others do (officials, teammates, etc...), what is the point in getting mad at them?  Figure out what he could have done better and concentrate on not making those same mistakes during the second half of the season.

...and if he does the things you guys suggest he still has an excellent shot of becoming WDC this year, but I'd love WEBBER to get there instead....or HAMILTON....or ALONSO....or MASSA....and even BUTTON

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »
I would like to see Button double up, though I would like Webber even better. Let the young guns wait another year or two. Seb meanwhile, has said he didn't understand the penalty until well after the race when it was explained to him. He then admitted he let his attention stray because he was having problems with his radio. He didn't realize they were restarting until the safety car dove for the pit lane, then it was too late. A small mea culpa and a small change in attitude, may it grow.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »
Vettel runs a great risk of becoming one of the best to never win a championship if he can't get his into Sundays

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle