collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 348
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari Pit Stop 2005  (Read 3839 times)

Offline cosworth151

Ferrari Pit Stop 2005
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
How many Italians does it take to change a tire?  ;)

Last night, I was sorting through some old pictures I've taken and found these. It's one of Schumacher's pit stops during the infamous 2005 USGP at Indy. If you look very closely at the first picture, you can actually see a Ferrari in the middle of that mob!  :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:35:27 PM by cosworth151 »

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Andy B

Re: Ferrari Pit Stop 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 02:06:35 PM »
I recon 22.
Any other offers?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

David

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 08:14:24 PM »
Looks like a scene form my local car wash only it's Polish folk rather than Italians.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 12:11:51 AM »

thanks cossie, marvellous photos

I wonder if you can tell me why you like the Indy GP track so much?

....to me this track, while of course the location reeks of history etc, is a flawed compromise and a total bore and, while I would love to watch an Indy 500 I would not cross the street to watch a F1 GP there.

....and did any of the drivers like the track anyway? 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 02:20:53 AM »
Ask Rosberg what happens when you don't have enough guys changing a tire

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:37:57 AM »
I think F1 would be more interesting with NASCAR style pitstops, only 5 men over the wall. Maybe they would need 6, since they use 2 jack men.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
The road course at Indy is far better than Evey Tilke turd put together. The only questionable section was the Turns 8-9-10 complex, and that's been changed since the last F1 race.

These pictures were taken from my seat. It was on the isle, under the overhang (out of the sun and rain) and directly across from a big screen. It was $85 for race day, and $25 for the rest of the 4 day week-end. Parking for the entire week-end, right across the street from the main gate, was $40. That's $150 for the entire 4 day week-end. At today's exchange rate, a three day General Admission (no seat, no parking, no Thursday) ticket to Montreal is $162.

Indy had a pit walkabout on Thursday. Open access to the pits! Free autograph sessions with every F1 race driver. Speed TV did it's programming live from the Pagoda Plaza (free, again). Interviews with drivers and other F1 people past & present.

There were live bands and car & manufacturer displays in the Plaza all week-end. Free.

They often opened the Plaza up the Sunday before for a party, with the Canadian GP on the big screens. Free with your race day ticket.

The Thursday-Friday-Saturday tickets were in-and-out passes, so I could enter and leave the grounds as often as I wanted. The track is in the middle of town. The entire area around the track becomes a giant open market of racing swag. Also, I could hit the bars and restaurants in the area if I didn't want track food.

The Indy Jazz and Blues Festival was the same week-end as the race. the Indy Museum of Art always had special exhibits.

And, if you've been to Montreal, you don't even want to know how reasonable my room was. It was about 1-1/2 miles straight down Crawfordsville Road, and the motel has a really good bar.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Wow! Thanks Cossie, now that sounds like a really great event, so much so I now wanna go!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:52 AM »
Wow! Thanks Cossie, now that sounds like a really great event, so much so I now wanna go!

And that's the encapsulation of the problem with F1 in the USA.

Bernie things that F1 is fast cars and shiny boats.

Americans think that racing is your hero getting dirty on sunday, while saying 'shucks ma'am, I'm just happy to be here' the rest of the week.

Indy offered that.  Can Austin?  The biggest difference between the two events is that Bernie is going to control Austin, while the Georges controlled Indy.  (Which was the problem, of course.  Those are the two worst sharers in motorsport)

At the end of the day... Bernie's F1 might never survive in America.  The USA will survive.  F1 will survive.  However, Bernie's F1 won't last forever.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
You're sure? Anyone ever check the Evil Dwarf for a pulse or fangs? He is bleeding F1, slowly...

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »
Here are a couple of pix from the same batch of pix. I took these during the Thursday morning Pit Walkabout. They will give you an idea of how close we fans could get!  :yahoo:
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle