collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 603
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Model Car Collection  (Read 2736 times)

Williamsfan

Model Car Collection
« on: August 18, 2010, 02:26:42 PM »
Hi there, I finally (after messing up and putting numerous pictures in the babe section by mistake) uploaded photos of my model collection for people to look at and comment on.  Maybe you will join me and upload some of yours too!  They can be found here:

http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/index.php?ind=gallery&op=section_view&idev=21

There's a good mixture of teams (not just Williams) and also some WRC and LMP racing cars!  Please enjoy and comment :D

Jugirl

Re: Model Car Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »
Wow! Thats some collection you have there. They are really cool  :D
Picture 19 is my favourite  ;) Fernando in his sexy title winning Renaults :D

Thanks for sharing them with us, i bet you have made a few people jealous with that collection hehe, i know that for a fact as i am one of them :D hehe

Jugirl

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 04:52:40 PM »
Good looking stuff, Williamsfan! It looks like you've got a wide variety of fine cars there.  :good:

The quality of the 1/43 scale models is incredible these days. The improvements have been fantastic.

I've collected die cast for years. It's a great way to "have" classic cars right there in your living room!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
Thanks for the comments!

The 1/43 scale are fantastic now, much better than the 1/18 in my opinion.  I got a few more I need to take photos of and upload, including a brilliant Exoto model. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
Maybe you should have left them in the 'babe' section  ;)

Nice...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 09:57:48 PM »

Jeez WF you must live in a Mansion to fit in all them fantastic models.  ;)  You've got more cars than I've got CD's, I'm jealous. :'(

I really never liked Williams in a red livery :nono: but all the rest are superb  :good: and even better to see Jens standing in the Brawn car.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Was that six wheel Williams at photo 11 ever raced?

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »
Sadly not a mansion, I have most of them stacked up in their boxes on my book case in my bedroom blocking my view of the books  :(

As for the Williams, I think it was only tested, they never got round to racing it as the rules were changed banning 6 wheels for the 1983 season.  Pity as apparently it was very fast!!

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Nice Williamsfan,I didn't realize Emmo drove the
Gold Leaf Lotus,I thought he started out in the black JPS
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 06:12:25 AM »
I collect 1:18, but they are getting so expensive, I wish I had started with 1:43. The newest Exoto Ferrari 246 F1 from 1961 are nearly $500, now they have a spectacular Alfa 158 at the same price. :swoon:

Lonny
Lonny

Williamsfan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »
Exoto models are brilliant, I love my one but now they're way out of my price range and also they are now nearly impossible to get in the UK as the major shops (such as GrandPrixLegends) no longer bother to stock them.  I got my one several years ago but I haggled for it which was fun :D  I'll upload a picture of it later.  I wanted to get the Exoto FW14B but they sold out of it so the Tyrrell was a good second choice! 

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:17 AM »
I confess I have 15+ Exotos, mainly purchased years ago when they were much more reasonable. I also have a few CMC, Autoart, Carousel 1 etc, which are more reasonable to start with, though not as detailed

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 03:18:58 AM »
I collect 1:18, but they are getting so expensive, I wish I had started with 1:43. The newest Exoto Ferrari 246 F1 from 1961 are nearly $500, now they have a spectacular Alfa 158 at the same price. :swoon:

Lonny

I collect 1/18 too Lonnie and like you I
wish I'd started with the 1/43.Speedger has
a nice Jim Clark Lotus now I've been eyeing

http://www.speedgear.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=11456&category=0&SMID=1&SID=1&SCID=66&CID=0
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Williamsfan

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
I started off collecting 1/18 Minichamps but they started limiting the models they produced in that size and I started running out of space for 1/18s! 

Spark 1/43 models look incredible, but they are about £10-£15 more expensive than a Minichamps model.  But having said that I have pre-ordered the Lotus of Kovalainen by Spark so I might use that to decide whether to buy any of their older models like the one you linked to Dare.  I need a Jim Clark model!!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
I have a few 1/18th that I couldn't pass up. For example, I found Quartzo model of Graham Hill's 1968 Dutch GP Lotus/Ford/Cosworth 49 at a Big Lots for $9.99! I also got both the 1/18th and 1/43rd versions of the event car for the 2000 USGP at Indy.

Are event cars (commemorative models for a particular race) a common practice at European races? They are very common here in the States.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Williamsfan

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »
I have seen an event car for the British GP and the Australian GP made by Minichamps but that was a while ago and I've seen nothing since.  Saw a US GP one as well.  Never got round to buying one, but they look great.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle