collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 559
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What tv series do you watch  (Read 6734 times)

Online Dare

Re: What tv series do you watch
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 02:52:06 AM »
dare's right. There is almost no off-season coverage here in the states. We do get F1 racing mag - usually about a month late.

But look on the bright side - That's why we spend so much time here! :good:

Cosworth,do you find it hard to find f1 Racing mag?
  There's only one store in town that I can find it at
  and it's across town
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 03:56:49 AM »
dare-

Yes, very hard to find. I have to go about 45 miles up to a Barns & Noble up in the far side of Columbus. One of the ploblems of life in a small town.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:55 AM »
dare-

Yes, very hard to find. I have to go about 45 miles up to a Barns & Noble up in the far side of Columbus. One of the ploblems of life in a small town.

I don't thinks it's the small town,believe it's f1 in
 America.There's a Barn's and Noble and a Books In
 A Million fairly close to me but neither carries f1 Racing.

Before the internet and f1 forums like this one,and I believe
Cosworth will back me up,it was nearly impossibile to
follow f1 in USA.I know when I tried to follow it in the
60' you'd have to wait 3 months to read about the races
in Car and Driver magazine in articles by Rob Walker

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 04:59:19 AM »
Tell me about it. I started out watching edited highlights, several weeks late, on "ABC Wide World of Sports" That and the odd, small, several months old coverage in Road & Track and the old Sports Car Graphic.

My local paper carried exactly two F1 articles all last year. One was a wrap-up of the USGP, which mostly was a re-hash of the '05 debacle, and a brief article about Schumi retiring. Both of them together would barely add up to half a page.

That's one reason why I look foreward to the USGP every year. I spend Wed. night through Mon. morning with other F1 fans. I don't even have to explain that they aren't the same as an IndyCar!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

davewilson

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »
I really feel so sorry for you guys.It seems you can put a man on the Moon,so a little thing like relaying Television Coverage should be no problem.Would you like me to have a word with Nassa,they might be able to send a satellite up on the next Shuttle launch just for F1 coverage in the States?

The Stig

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 02:30:28 AM »
Not just the moon trips, we also invented monster trucks and spray-on hair-in-a-can! Speed Channel used to have a lot of good stuff - F1, WRC, classics, the whole deal. Since Rupurt Murdoch took it over, it's pretty much just NASCAR til you're nauseous, 24/7.

I think we also lead the world in the field of "Surpise auto make-over" shows: Pimp My Ride, Trick My Truck, Overhaulin'. I think the next one will be "Queer Eye for the Straight Scion".
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 02:54:23 AM »

Cosworth:

We usually get a paragraph every Monday
   about Sunday's gp winner.Theres a little
   more coverage on USGP,a little on the
   Schumi retirement,and our biggest f1
   story of the year Montota coming to Nascar :o

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle