collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 406
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 5 Reasons You Should Be Scared of Apple  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

5 Reasons You Should Be Scared of Apple
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:21:20 AM »
For Scott (you had to be there! :) )

http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-apple.html

Since the article was posted in February I'll answer some of the by now missing or wrong information.

- The iPad is a success but look out for the next few months for the explosion of Android and Win 7 tablets coming..cheaper and faster  :tease:

- The US Supreme Court has ruled that Jailbreaking is perfectly legal in the US.

- That is NOT a picture of me at the end of the article

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Be Scared of Apple
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
#5. Jailbreaking - don't need to.  So far I've been completely happy with every app (although I'm looking forward to the multi-tasking on the next gen iTouch as well) from iTunes.  As well here in Europe you can just pop out your SIM card and throw in one from another carrier.  There are no contracts saying you can only use the phone with one carrier, and the phones aren't pre-programmer that way.

#4.  Never heard that one before...sounds more like something the Motion Picture Association would do if they caught you watching one of their precious movies for free.

#3.  Urban legend.  And if it actually IS true, then it is probably something that goes on all over Asia, not just at Apple. 

#2.  I expect AT&T had more to do with that than Apple policy.  Probably in their contract.

#1.  This is nothing new.  Plenty of companies in the PC world have add-on soft(mal)-ware, why should Apple be any different?  If someone is too retarded to un-check the box to install it, then they get what they deserve.  As for the ads, you get what you pay for.  If you expect something for free, then be prepared to sit through an ad.  Some you can get around, some you can't.  If you don't want the advertiser to pay for it, then pay for it yourself.
 :P  :P

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle