collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 362
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Belgian GP's Hero's and Zero's  (Read 7897 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Belgian GP's Hero's and Zero's
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »
Heroes
Hamilton - exciting to watch plus a good result
Webber - didn't let emotions due to a rubbish start stop him putting in a good drive.
FIF1 - fast and punching above their weight

Zeros
Vettel - there is no excuse for being 'that' agressive with the car on a damp track. He had absolutely no chance of passing Button at that corner in those conditions. This was a real piece of Amateur driving  :nono:

Regarding penalties - I think Vettel was given a 'soft' penalty. I know he didn't finish in the points but he robbed Button of any chance of changing his front wing and charging for a podium spot. This also robbed us spectators of watching Button try to get a podium spot, and it took a lot of excitment out of the championship leaving Webber and Hamilton a long way ahead of everyone else.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 01:54:02 PM »
Heroes

FIF1 - fast and punching above their weight

How much longer is FIF1 going to be considered a 'minor' team?  They've got the same engines as the championship leader, and the previous year's champion.

Mallya is operating a fantastic outfit, and I hope the other new teams are taking notes.  I don't think it would be out of line to expect podiums and wins from them in 2011... in fact, if the championship contenders play a few races conservatively, I don't see why Sutil couldn't squeek out a win this year.

Williamsfan

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »
These are Williams' race notes take on Hulkenberg:

Sam Michael, Technical Director: Today was not a good day with Rubens out on the first lap and Nico had a control system problem that compromised the driveability and caused the engine to cut in his pitstop. So looking forward, our pace is improving and we will perform better in the forthcoming races.

You take on the boys, you take on me  :DD
Nothing defensive at all about that WF!! Yeah John S, back off WF's boy!  :DD

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:33:20 AM »

Zeroes:

Vettel for showing how to lose a championship that should be his (it's the sequel to Button's failed attempt at losing a championship last year).

quote of the week Scott and thanks for writing it - helps balance certain pro-Vettel excuse finders' on this thread.

...if SV was as good as he and other people think, he would have sewed up the WDC by now. The undeniable reason he hasn't is his actual race craft has been b pathetic and he does not win unless he has a clear run at the start . You don't win many races by either expecting opponents to 'give way' when you attempt clumsy passing or by barging them aside.

...now contrast his season with that of his older - and in my view better - team mate mark WEBBER to see the difference between a 'real' F1 driver/racer and a 'pretender' with a lot to learn; it aint down to luck either.

hey, sebastian can and may still win this years WDC but I for one sure hopes he ditches trying to be MS jr.

....if he does not win then, as you suggest Scott, it will definitely go down in history as the one WDC that VETTEL let slip away. 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:56 AM »
When you say this was Vettel's WDC to lose, I think you denigrate the excellent work both Webber and Hamilton have done. I am not a big Vettel fan, I put the blame for the Turkey crash squarely on him. I deplore his constant use of the "Swerve", but I can't blame him for this. He was not the only driver to attempt this move and a couple pulled it off. We whine when a driver follows another lap after lap, but when Vettel makes an attempt that does not quite come off we shake our fists and say how immature he is. Sorry, he hit something he didn't expect and the pass went awry, at least he tried, and if he made that attempt 10 times I bet it would work 5 or 6. How about if we ditch the stupid chicane all together, or at least go back to the bus stop so there is a real opportunity for passing here?

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
Good points about revising Spa back the way it was.  I can't agree more.  Chicanes are for the unimaginative. 

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Webber or Hamilton.  Like you say, they have both performed amazingly this year, and if the WDC comes down to a duel between them, I'll be as pleased as anyone.  What I was trying to say is that Vettel had made yet another (rookie or non-rookie) mistake, and that if he had made, oh say, 3 fewer mistakes this season, he would probably be un-beatable by this point in the season.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle