collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: f1 in regent street  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Ian

f1 in regent street
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »
 Only been on this site for a couple of days now but I took my lad up to see it (8yrs old) his words AWESOME. I know it's old hat now but would'nt it be great to see a London gp

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline vanquish89

Re: f1 in regent street
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:05:30 PM »
indeed the wizard himself and i went and couldnt get anywhere near the front lol rather loud though! ::)
vanquish89.... :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:56 PM »
 :D we were lucky, got right at the front, blew yer damn ears out was almost close enough to touch them

Offline Slugger

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »
It would be amazing if they would do it.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »
Indeed I went with Vanquish89 and foolishly thought if I left work a couple of hours early I would have plenty of time. When we arrived we found hundreds of thousands of people had been waiting all day!  :o

This surprised everybody, not just me but the organisers, the police and Bernie himself. It goes to show how popular F1 is in the UK and what a sin it is that it gets so little coverage and support from the news channels/newspapers.

More events should be held like this to promote our wonderful sport. There said my bit  ::)

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

ellie

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 06:01:03 PM »
Yeah, I travelled all the way down from the far north of Scotland to see it.  Waiteed in the street for seven hours.  Was rewarded by getting right to the front - close enough to touch them.  The best day ever.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 07:47:27 PM »
WOW you came down from Scotland!  :o

ellie you must be a dedicated fan. Glad you managed to get to the front and see some action.  :D

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 08:17:05 PM »
 :D Nice one Ellie, great day were'nt it, even better to almost stroke my Ferrari as it went past  :P

ellie

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »
Yeah I did, I've been watching F1 religiously since I was 8, 10 years ago.  Watched before that, too!  So whan I heard about Regent Street I had to go.  It was the best day ever, that atmosphere was ace.  To see Mansell come through Piccadilly Circus in the Jordan, was amazing, it was my first ever sighting of an F1 car up close.  The smell and the noise, too, it was something else.  And to top it all, I saw DC in the McLaren, he's the reason I support them!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
Well you can see from my earlier post I didn't see a damn thing.

Still as you say the atmosphere was fantastic with everyone very polite and chatty. The noise alone was worth the trip, personally I think it should be a yearly event before Silverstone.

What do you think? I was at the Autosport show at the NEC and bumped into Bernie. I should have wrestled him to the ground and insisted he organises another one.

Wizzo

ellie

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 05:01:32 PM »
I agree completely.  It was so much fun and would help generate an interest in F1 with teenagers.  It's so expensive to go.  I'm 18 and I'm the only person I know who likes it.  Teenagers like the cars, but it's so hard to get cloise to them.  I've been lucky, I've sat in two F1 cars!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 05:16:16 PM »
Ellie, I'm glad you said you don't know anyone else who likes F1.

There are 300 million fans world wide, 500,000 turned up at Regent Street alone.

Where do all these people hide??  :confused:

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »
 >:( Ellie, I hate you, 2 f1 cars (not really) I am just  :sick: with envy

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 08:44:42 PM »
  :) Yeah your right f1wizard, it was a great atmosphere, I was talking to this old girl said she'd been Mclaren all the time, knew RD and DC personally, been to the Mclaren works, been in the Mclaren f1 road car even been in the safety car on the track, she was an f1 fanatic, superb old girl  :D

ellie

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »
Yep two, a Williams that Montoya used for testing and a Stewart-Ford that was actually raced by Barrichello!

No young people are into it, which is sad.  I know of two older guys who watch F1, but that's in my home town not where I live now.  It's terrible consideringf the number that watch F1.

At regent street I sat next to a couple who were BAR fans (because of Jenson) an Italian (no prizes for guessing which team!) and a Ferrari fan who said I was a committed fan for travelling so far even though he was head to toe in branded Ferrari stuff!  (Even the camera he had!)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle