collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 633
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No further penalty for Ferrari from FIA  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: No further penalty for Ferrari from FIA
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
Jean Todt has said there is not enough evidence to prove team orders if that is the case then what were they fines for? :DntKnw:

So team orders need to be notorized to be official? 

If the messages that Massa received over the radio aren't evidence, then I suggest that in car radios be banned entirely.  That would eliminate this foolishness. 

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »
If the messages that Massa received over the radio aren't evidence, then I suggest that in car radios be banned entirely.  That would eliminate this foolishness. 

:good:

That was my idea right after the incident. Seriously folks, think about it. How else can you enforce the rule? What legitimate need is there to have radio communication between the driver and his pits? Go back to the pit-boards and have a single "pit" button on the wheel. There is no reasonable reason you can give me to convince me otherwise.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 05:21:26 AM »
No team in F1 will ever give up technology and go back to a less efficient way of doing anything. They'll argue that it's a safety thing.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline rmassart

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »
Personally I think the rule is a load of rubbish. There's no point in having rules which you can't enforce properly.

And honestly - F1 is a team sport. And team should do what's best for it. It's drivers are it's employees and if the team deems that two drivers should switch position then so be it. I don't like that and the Schumi@Ferrari era kind of pushed the whole team orders thing into another dimension, but still that's their decision. If Barchichelo was happy to be Schumi's personal play thing, what can we do about it?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 07:57:12 PM »
If the FIA was serious about enforcing this rule and had any b@#$5 they would have stripped Ferrari of all points for this race. If anyone wanted team orders after that, they would at least be subtle about it. Now they may as well repeal the rule because no one will pay any attention to it. God help them when the fans start ignoring their "shows".

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Cam

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:51 PM »
Throw your toys out of the pram if you must  :(  >:(  >:D, but reality is as articulated by Robert Kubica;

"About getting rid of the team order rule, I think both ways is okay," Kubica said. "We had the rule and many, many occasions in the past there were team orders, and no one noticed - or let's say it was not so obvious as in Hockenheim.

"I think without the rule it would just be easier, you would not have to hide it so much. There are many ways to swap positions between team-mates, even if the rule is kept."

Somehow the toys end up back in the pram each fortnight . . .  :yahoo:

cheers,
Cam

I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
It's true...I think this whole thing is more about team management than cheating anyhow.  The rule is supposed to really prevent BLATANT team orders.  Everyone knows that there are things that the team can do that will delay a racer, should they want to.  The real issue is that Ferrari has obviously little control over their employees.  Honestly I'm surprised Smedley is still at Ferrari.  I would have fired him on the spot for pulling that stunt. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »
Good point Scott, I really would not be surprised to see Rob leave Ferrari at the end of the year by 'mutual consent' because of that.  I thought at the time that it was incredible to hear him being so blatant, I am certain Ferrari would never have expected a message to be delivered in that way. 

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 03:15:37 AM »
Well, imagine the Team Orders if Ferrari was able to run 3 or 4 cars like they wanted to. I think maybe we should go to one car teams then there is no problem.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle