collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Briatore comeback rumours gather pace  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Dare

Briatore comeback rumours gather pace
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
Love him or not Flav's a charactor and F1 needs charactors

Ferrari news

ESPNF1 Staff
September 17, 2010 Ferrari Rumours linking disgraced former Renault boss Flavio Briatore with a return to F1, possibly with Ferrari, continue to gather pace with reports he has visited the team's Maranello headquarters twice in recent weeks.

Briatore, who a year ago this week resigned in disgrace as Renault's head as the FIA prepared to hold a hearing into the Crashgate scandal, was spotted at the Ferrari base in July, sparking suggestions he was being lined-up for a comeback to the sport.

This week, Die Welt revealed he has continued to visit Ferrari, and last weekend he was spotted inside the team's garage at Monza.

Briatore is currently banned from involvement in F1 until 2013 but he is believed to be lobbying the FIA to have this reduced. The ban has not prevented him from continuing to manage leading drivers nor, it seems, does it extend to him not being at the heart of the action on a grand prix weekend.

When questioned after Monza, he said: "I am meeting with Bernie [Ecclestone] and then flying back to London. It's fantastic to be back, to see friends and to be in Italy … Ferrari are on pole and everyone is happy. Just wonderful."

Asked if he was keen to return to the sport, Briatore was as guarded as always. "I'm feeling very good and I'm happy with the way things are," he said. "We will see what happens in the future. Next week I will not be in Singapore; I am also perfectly happy at home.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Briatore comeback rumours gather pace
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »

A week or so ago Flav was linked with a role at Pirelli by Crash.net, which he denies. I think he is already working with Bernie and as soon as he is allowed, by the FIA, to be in front line action we shall see him assuming more and more of Bernie's duties over the years.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
That's exactly what I see too John.  Flavio isn't going to any team in F1.  If anything he's simply testing the waters in various meetings with team principals and suppliers to see how he will be taken when he starts taking over for Bernie. 

He's Italian.  When in Monza, if you can go where you want, you go to Ferrari - no brainer.  As well, Luca would never have him at the head of Ferrari, no chance, no way.

When he is running the FOM, at least we'll be able to spot him in a crowd, instead of now when we have to wonder if that crowd moving down the pitlane has Bernie in the middle.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:30 PM »
When he is running the FOM, at least we'll be able to spot him in a crowd, instead of now when we have to wonder if that crowd moving down the pitlane has Bernie in the middle.

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

Wait a sec...wasn't he banned for life? I may be wrong.

If he was banned for life, whose life was he banned for?, Bernie's? For what he did to get kicked out he shouldn't ever be allowed back. What would happen to a footballer, referee, hell, ANY major sports figure for fixing a match/race?
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »
The courts threw that out.

So F1 goes from Gollum to Jabba the Hutt. Lovely!  :sick:

The Roman emperor Tiberius chose Caligula has his successor. He reasoned that, no matter how horrible his reign had been, Caligula would make him look good by comparison. This could be Bernie's thinking with Flav.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle