collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 275
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 2010 - Are you ready for it?  (Read 11723 times)

Williamsfan

Re: F1 2010 - Are you ready for it?
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »
I must admit I'm playing it on the PS3 as the noise of my PC is driving me mad.  The fans cooling the graphics card and processor sound like a jet engine taking off.  However I could probably run it full spec on my PC as I can any other Codemasters game.  It is a great game though, especially now it works.  Worth bankrupting yourself for?  I might wait for F12011 when they iron out some of the things from this game... give yourself some time to save up  :good:

Offline Ian

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »
No bugs in the PS3 version.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Williamsfan

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
Not now, but there were, including one where your saved game files were corrupted randomly meaning you had to start again, so my half season at Lotus which was beginning to see me gain interest from the midfield teams was lost and I had to begin again.  Didn't touch the game again until it was patched.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »
It might be cheaper to bid on that Honda F1 that's up for auction. ;)

Lonny
Lonny

Offline romephius

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2010, 07:16:15 AM »
I recently upgraded.... coz I could.... I now have an Intel quad core hyperthreaded 2.8Ghz processor (8 cores in total), 4GB of DDR3 ram, Gigabyte NVidia GTX 460, 2TB sata 2 HDD, 7.1 channel surround Creative X-FI2 Extreme gamer audio card, 7.1 channel creative speakers, Samsung 2494HS 1080p HDMI monitor.  Microsoft Natural keyboard, just a basic microsoft mouse, Thrustmaster Ferrari GT experience steering wheel, all running on Windows 7 64bit.

Hope that covers everything??

Oh and blu-ray dvd rom.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

Wow that's some set up,  :swoon:    - just hope you're not stuck with Toyota livery after investing in all that kit Rom. ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2010, 10:58:07 PM »
Ah no, just finished Silverstone on my second attempt at a career and it seems the BluRay drive has died in the PS3  :'(  Very annoying given I have F1 2010, WRC and the soon to arrive Gran Turismo 5 all for the PS3. 

Offline Dare

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2010, 11:32:24 PM »
Ah no, just finished Silverstone on my second attempt at a career and it seems the BluRay drive has died in the PS3  :'(  Very annoying given I have F1 2010, WRC and the soon to arrive Gran Turismo 5 all for the PS3. 

Gaming>>PS3>>How To Repair A PS3 Blu-ray DriveHow To Repair A PS3 Blu-ray Drive
By: Shawn Landis

Break Studios Contributing Writer

Do you need to know how to repair your PS3's Blu-ray DVD drive? Perhaps your drive has stopped reading the discs entirely. If it just stopped reading the Blue-ray DVDs, it may be a software issue that a repair shop can fix. They might charge you for this privilege. There are two possible issues that are not software related that might cause the Blu-ray drive to not function normally.

1.Buy a lens cleaner. This will fix most problems with the DVD drive, although not all of them. Follow the instructions and try to play a Blu-ray high definition disc in your PlayStation 3 console. If it works, you can skip the remaining steps.
2.Check to see if you updated the firmware recently. Versions 3 of the PS3 firmware introduced a bug that caused the Blu-ray player to stop operating as it normally does. Repair shops can fix the corrupted firmware. You can reinstall it yourself if you know the procedure. If this does not apply, you may need to replace your PS3's DVD player
3.Take apart the PS3. The screws needed to remove the PS3 cover are on the bottom. Take the cover off of the unit carefully. Set the screws aside so you do not lose them. You may need to remove the tamper proof seal to do this. Remove the screw underneath the seal.
4.Remove the lid. There are seven more screws under the top of the PS3 lid. This lid covers the DVD Blu-ray drive. Remove the screws and take the secondary cover off gently.
5.Pull the lid off gently. You can now get to the Blu-ray drive. Remove the power cords and the data cable. Do not take these off of the controller board if you do not have to.
6.Place the old Blu-ray drive aside. Get a Phillips head screw driver and remove the circuit board. Place it aside. Pry the board of the old PS3 drive off carefully. When you see the wires attached, remove the wires from the board.
7.Put the old circuit board on the new drive. Place the connector on the bottom. Screw the new circuit board onto the old drive. You must use the old controller or the drive will not work.
8.Reattach the cables to the new PS3 Blu-ray drive. Place the drive back into its original slot carefully. Use the mounts on the drive and the controller to find the correct place. The mounts stabilize the drive.
9.Put the secondary lid back on your PS3. Use the seven screws you removed earlier from your console to do this. Put the final lid over the top and place the screw into the area underneath the tamper proof seal. Close the seal and try out your new DVD drive.
If the Blu-ray drive on your PS3 stopped functioning because of a problem with the drive itself, repairing the drive will work. If the controller circuit board went bad, you will need to return the system to Sony itself.

Posted on: Jun. 21, 2010
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Williamsfan

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »
Thanks for the post Dare  :good:.  Sadly my technical prowess takes me as far as part 2 :D. I guess it'll have to be returned to HMV or Sony.

Offline Dare

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2010, 11:52:49 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if F1 2010 has a program built in to
make the PS3's malfunction >:D

Just like they have a pact with the pc makers to make us
replace perfectly good single core pc's,double >:D >:D
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 02:59:44 AM »
heres a pc I'm looking at to play this game

•Intel Core i3-550 processor
3.20GHz, 4MB Cache

•4GB DDR3 system memory
Gives you the power to handle the most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

•1TB SATA II hard drive
Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more

•24x multi-format dual-layer DVD burner
Watch DVD movies on your computer; read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

•10/100/1000 Ethernet
Connect to a broadband modem or a wired broadband router with wired Ethernet

•ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics
With 512MB dedicated graphics memory
Additional Features:

•8 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x PS/2 ports, 1 x D-Sub port, 1 x DVI port, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 3 x audio jacks
•1 x PCI Express x16 slot, 1 x PCI Express x1 slot, 2 x PCI slots; 4 x external 5.25" drive bays, 5 x internal 3.5" drive bays
•8-channel high-quality audio
•Echo Gaming Tower chassis
Software:

•Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7,

and heres the minimum specs for the game
Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space

for the pc expert out there will this pc run the game?I may have to
upgrade my graphics card

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 03:22:45 AM »
I'm no supergeek, but my first thought was not enough video card.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
I'm starting to think the Gods are agin me.I just received
my dvd of f1 2010 from Amazon and it was fifa 11,a soccer
game :o :swoon:

Offline Dare

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »
If I didn't before I know now what invalidated lap means,just
maybe thats my driving line

Williamsfan

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
The game works against you a lot, some random things like touching a car can see you get a dive through, whereas the opponent can ram you off the track and go on without any issue.  Also kerbs are inconsistent, as a result I cannot do Barcelona as I spin as soon as I even have ideas of going near to one!  Your invalidated laps are definitely not down to you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle