collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 269
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Was the site down?  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Andy B

Was the site down?
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:02:44 PM »
Hi

I tried for over an hour to get on the site to post my pole choice but was not able to do so, I was able to get on other sites but not GP Wizard.

Who I would have chosen is now imamaterial but I would not have gone for a double up.

I shall post my race predictions but I need to know if I am to be penalised for not posting on the pole slot? :confused:

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

Re: Was the site down?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:12 PM »
No penalty, just no point (David was the only person to choose Alonso, so don't worry about it).  I was on this morning, but quite a bit earlier than qualifying, so I don't know what may have happened closer to Q.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
Andy, I had the same problem with logging on, I was gonna pick Vettel (oh well I was wrong).  No penalty for not picking unless of course you were gonna pick Alonso.  In which case the penalty is missing out on that 1 point.

I sent my pick via e-mail to Dare, I'm not really sure how we go about late changes, but, as previously suggested by Dare, posting a 'banker' in the thread early helps avoid this sort of thing.

Just a thought.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I forgot to update my banker from Hamilton to Vettel.

I watched the whole of Q believing that I was cheering for Vettel.  Kinda weird to find out I was cheering for the wrong guy.

My daughter discovered the 'live timing' site.  She isn't interested in racing, but for some reason she LOVED watching live timing.  I'll try to pry the computer away from her during the race, but if I can't, I'll have to miss chat.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:39:39 PM »
Our new house has internet, but no TV signal yet...where the TV is in the hotel (that I can watch in peace) has no internet signal...so I probably won't be on chat either...  :(

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
GPWizard was down for an hour or so today and the tech team are investigating why as we speak.

It is always worth posting a banker or taking Dare's email address and posting to him directly in case we have any problems in the future.

I do my best to keep the site reliable but some things are out of my control so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Wizzo
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
A bit of info for what it's worth:

I couldn't even access the site from any of my pc's. I tried another unit here at the office, one that wouldn't automatically log me on. It went straight to the site. When I tried to log in, I got the same error message that I had gotten on my units.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
any future problems email me with your picks or
changes.Like Wiz says some things are beyond our control.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »
GPWizard was down for an hour or so today and the tech team are investigating why as we speak.

It is always worth posting a banker or taking Dare's email address and posting to him directly in case we have any problems in the future.

I do my best to keep the site reliable but some things are out of my control so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Wizzo

My problem had been compounded by BT cutting me off ten days before my move and so was not able to get online at all and I moved Friday. The last thing I was actually thinking about was the GP. I usually put a banker in but this time it was just not possible as I'm moving to the other side of the world it has been a drawn out process and I have taken my eye off the ball car this year.

Good luck everyone it seems longer than a year since I was in Singapore watching this.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »
Where have you moved to Andy?

Offline Andy B

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »
I have moved from Ware in Hertfordshire to Welwyn Garden City staying with friends with the intention of joining my wife in New Zealand but my visa has stalled once again.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 03:27:10 PM »
with the intention of joining my wife in New Zealand

Hope your Visa gets sorted soon Andy, but make sure you stay in touch when you get over to New Zealand.  :good:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle