collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 526
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: heros and zeros at Singapore  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Cam

Re: heros and zeros at Singapore
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »
Both of them could have easily avoided the incident so I dont see how that becomes a criteria for determining fault.

Sure, Webber could have avoided it by not competing, but he did compete and did so with an exceptional piece of driving.  He was holding his line very comfortably, and Hamilton turned in on him.

Hamilton could have avoided it by driving better, giving Webber a few more inches and he would have come out ahead anyway.

So what would you prefer, not competing or better driving?

As for describing Webber as always letting the red mist get the better of him, I have no idea where that comes from, especially when you look at the track record of three of the four drivers he is competing with this year, compared to them the guy is a saint.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Monty

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »
I'm guessing you are perhaps a Webber fan. I don't favour either of them.
My comments are simply observations. Mark has a history of letting the red mist get the better of him and by 'competing' he could easily of thrown this race away.
Hamilton was clearly in front. He would have no idea of where Webbers car would be and had no choice but to turn in (you sort of go straight on and crash if you don't turn in :DD)

Offline Scott

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 10:09:26 AM »
I've found Webber to be over his 'red mist' moments this year (which is why I have become a fan of his).  He's raced far more maturely than Hamilton or Vettel.  If Hamilton really had no idea where Webber was (after just losing sight of him on the inside of the corner entry), then it would have been even more important for him to have made a cautious turn rather than diving for the apex.  There is plenty of room for two cars to make it through that corner as had been shown by other drivers during the race - Hamilton could have exited the corner leading Webber rather than finishing his race there with a helmet full of 'red mist'.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 03:04:40 AM »
It's easy to criticise after the fact. Both drivers had a fraction of a second to make a decision, both chose poorly. As I said, from what I was taught by the SCCA, they would have placed the blame on Hamilton, but I think this was basically a true "racing incident".

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Cam

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
I'm guessing you are perhaps a Webber fan. I don't favour either of them.

For the record, no, not particularly a Webber fan.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle