collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 299
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: heros and zeros at Singapore  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Dare

heros and zeros at Singapore
« on: September 26, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »
heros

Alonso and Vettel-both drove perfect races,a shame
                          only 1 could win

Webber-showed he's a racer,he doesn't give up

Button-showed again he was under rated all those years

Singapore-for having the best and most exciting race of
               the year

Rosberg-nice result in a car the master only managed a 13th

zeros

Kovalainen-should have drove the car to a better park area

Schumi-I was one of his big supporters for his comeback!Maybe
            he had a little bad luck this race BUT Rosberg is clearly
             superior

Webber-maybe he was a little to enthusiastic passing Lewis

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: heros and zeros at Singapore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »
Hero:

Kubica - demonstrating that passing is not only possible at Singapore, but that with a little patience, can be made to look easy.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Heroes:

Kubica, Alonso, Vettel and Rosberg - see others comments

Kobi - for giving as good as anyone has to Schumi, even if it cost him a point or two.

Danny Sullivan - for probably slapping some sense into the other stewards.

Webber - for being pinched by Hamilton, but managed to get out of it unscathed (and in the lead!).

Zeroes:

Hamilton - Lesson #3 on how to lose a championship.

Schumi - already been said.

Senna - didn't you see Kobi go sideways INTO the turn (even if it was blind)?

PS - Dare, Hamilton was trying to pass Webber, not the other way around...Hamilton was a bit too eager.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
Heroes:

Alonso- Dominated when it counted in quali and the race. 

Vettel- Shame he made a slight error in qualification or else he'd have probably dominated the race.  I loved his radio message where he said he wasn't pushing at all.

Webber- Drove a good race and showed how much of a tough racer he now is.

Fireman Heikki- I know it could have been dangerous and much worse than it was, but I did laugh at the sight of Kovalainen calmly putting out the fire from his car!

Zeroes:

Hamilton- Too many errors are creeping in to his title charge.  You could say Webber was aggressive but that is how Mark drives, Hamilton should have known that and perhaps given more space. 

Hulkenberg- He is also making loads of errors and seems to ignore too many corners which has resulted in a penalty today.  Come on Nico, you're  a great racer, so please stick to the corners!!

Schumacher- I don't want to stick the boot in more, so will leave it at that.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »
Heros.

Vettel for keeping the pressure on Alonso, even though he knew he probably couldn't make a pass, forcing him to keep his engine revs high throughout the race. Could prove crucial with Ferrari's lack of engines in future races.

Kubica for showing true fighting spirit and making plenty of overtakes on a cicuit where it's very difficult to gain places.

Alonso for a flawless race.

Zeros

McLaren for delaying the pit calls until much too late so allowing Webber to jump their boys and setting the scene for Lewis' downfall.

Red Bull for their ridiculous tactic of pitting Seb on the same lap as Alonso, they lost him the race in my opinion, did they not watch the Monza race and learn how you get the faster car in 2nd into 1st.

Webber for the coming together with Lewis, for me the stewards got it wrong, if we want brave moves in F1 we have to give some signal to the drivers that when someone has clearly got ahead the car passed cannot simply get physical. If nothing else mark was also risking his own chances of finishing so that's a zero on it's own for me.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:02:16 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »
Heros:

Webber, for doing everything that was necessary  >:D

Kovalainen, How many drivers these days would actually find a fire extinguisher and put out the fire... surprised that he didn't jump back in the car and finish the race!

Alonso, Zero defects in all ways.

Zeros:

Vettel, for flubbing his qualifying run enough to set up the final result.

Hamilton, for failing to bow out graciously.

Button, also ran.
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:55:29 AM »
Hero's:

Alonso - perfect race, great composure under pressure

Vettel - Perfect race, great application of pressure in an impossible situation

Webber - Great driving, good passing and great resistance to outside stupidity

Zero's:

Hamilton - stupid move when a little patience would have netted him the position and points.

Lotus - for not pulling Kovi in and leaving him in dangerous situation to put out a fire.

Backmarkers - for not getting out of the way like that should have on the re-start.

Honourable mention:

Stewards for smart decision making.
Kovalainen for braving the danger to put out the fire
Massa for a couragous drive
Kubica for some great passing.

Rom

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 08:44:58 AM »
Heros.

Vettel for keeping the pressure on Alonso, even though he knew he probably couldn't make a pass, forcing him to keep his engine revs high throughout the race. Could prove crucial with Ferrari's lack of engines in future races.

Kubica for showing true fighting spirit and making plenty of overtakes on a cicuit where it's very difficult to gain places.

Alonso for a flawless race.

Zeros

McLaren for delaying the pit calls until much too late so allowing Webber to jump their boys and setting the scene for Lewis' downfall.

Red Bull for their ridiculous tactic of pitting Seb on the same lap as Alonso, they lost him the race in my opinion, did they not watch the Monza race and learn how you get the faster car in 2nd into 1st.

Webber for the coming together with Lewis, for me the stewards got it wrong, if we want brave moves in F1 we have to give some signal to the drivers that when someone has clearly got ahead the car passed cannot simply get physical. If nothing else mark was also risking his own chances of finishing so that's a zero on it's own for me.

This says it all for me  :good:

seenathkumar

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
Kubica putting his full efforts as the overtakes not made in to results. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
Kovi's explanation for why he decided to stay on the track...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87027

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Cam

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Heroes

Alonso - sticking it on pole and then keeping it there all the way to the chequered flag.  Some above say Vettel was pressuring Alonso to keep the revs up, I think it was the other way around, Alonso was letting Vettel get just close enough to make him push and break the car/make a mistake (again)

Hamilton - has matured out of sight this year, could have easily mouthed off about what happened, but he hasn't.  I think he's being a little bit kind to Webber

Kovi - deciding to stay on the track because he thought it would be less dangerous, and then cruising down the pit wall and not stopping until he knew someone was waiting there with a fire extinguisher, then cool as a cucumber putting out the flames as teh field went past at 150mph

Zeroes

Vettel - thinks he has a covenant on the championship this year makes him oblivious to all the mistakes he has made, he should have the championship wrapped up already

Bridgestone - the tyres dont wear enough

Red Bull - as said above, why bring Vettel in at the same time as Alonso, meaning the only hope of getting past was a pit stop mistake by Ferrari.

Mclaren - leaving Hamilton and Button out while Webber was slicing 2s a lap off them, made Webber look good
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
Yeah, indeed! The tires are much too good. Hope the Pirelli's will have to be changed at least twice a race. So that's the zero here.

The hero is for me Heikki, reasons already mentioned. And Alonso, for keeping his chances for the title more then alive.
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »
Heroes:

Webber - A great race in spite of flawed pit strategy

Kovi - Kept a cool head in a hot situation. It was a cool move to not take a flaming car int a crowded pit lane. Honorable mention to the Williams crew for giving him an extinguisher.

Kubica - A great run at the end. He made the best of his new tires and could pass at will.

Alonso - A fine performance all week-end

Zeroes:

Red Bull - Poor tire strategy on both cars. The soft tires were much faster than the hards this week-end. By switching Webber over at the start, he wasn't able to keep up with the leaders so he could make a move later in the race. The should have let Vettel make a few all-out laps after Alonso pitted to close the gap between them.

One of the Virgins (Di Grassi, I think) - For not getting out of the way of Weber and Hamilton on the restart after the SC. It lead directly to the Webber/Hamilton shunt.

Schumacher - It's just sad.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »
Kovi's explanation for why he decided to stay on the track...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87027

I don't know that he made the right decision... but that's some considerably level headed thinking for a guy driving a race car that is ON FIRE.  You can't really fault his logic for ensuring everyone gets to celebrate safely.

I assume the FIA will ammend the rules to clarify what to do when your car is on fire.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
I assume the FIA will amend the rules to clarify what to do when your car is on fire.

There is already a rule on what a driver should do after his car was on fire.....

His laundry!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle