collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 160
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13027 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rooney home besieged by angry fans  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Dare

Rooney home besieged by angry fans
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:44:42 AM »
We take our football a little serious don't we
An angry mob in front of Wayne Rooney's home has threatened his life if he leaves Manchester United, according to The Telegraph in England.

Cheshire police were called to his mansion during the night as the crowd outside screamed out chants including, 'Join Man[chester] City and you die.'

Rooney has stated this week his desire to leave the Red Devils after the club's failure to attract more top-level talent to Old Trafford.

Around 30 irate Manchester United fans, some donning balaclavas and Eric Cantona masks, gathered in front of his home before being dispersed by police.

Eight officers arrived on the scene to clear the disturbance, and apparently no arrests were made.

Meetings were held earlier in the day between the club and Rooney's representatives, but no resolution was reached before Manchester United issued a statement pleading for fans to 'be patient.'

Apparently, the message was not well received based on the evening's events.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Rooney home besieged by angry fans
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »
Similar to what happened when LeBron left Cleveland.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »
Sickening ain't it, 8 cops arrive within 10mins for that waster, yet a mother and her handicapped daughter burn to death despite countless calls to police for help. I have no sympathy for Rooney whatsoever. I don't rate him that good anyway.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 11:00:55 AM »
Football fans are different are'nt they, a friend of mine, a dedicated Spurs fan and season ticket holder since he was a boy still wishes all the worst deaths you could think of on Sol Campbell.  :DntKnw:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 12:55:38 PM »
Similar to what happened when LeBron left Cleveland.

Lonny

I could never understand all the fuss about LeBron. Who cares? Losing C.C. Sebathia was the real tragedy!  :'(
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »
Lets see, 8 cops and 30 fans? That's only 4 police batons across the head per cop..problem solved. You gotta be some kinda deranged to actually travel to some obscenely rich dudes house and stand outside and yell and scream because he would dare exercise his right to go wherever the hell he wants to go.
And some of the bloody chicken $%^ fans of course want to protect their identity. That pisses me off as much as these idiots we had running through downtown Vancouver during the Olympics wearing masks and causing property damage.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:30:25 PM »
If I wanted a player to stay I'd buy him a beer, or leave flowers for his wife, not threaten to kill him.

All the players for Man U should be embarassed to have these people 'represent' them.

Toronto FC (the closest thing we have to a soccer team) has had losing seasons in the 6 years since they've existed, and have raised the price of tickets.  What do the die hard fans do?  They root for the opposing team out of protest.  (Personally, I just won't buy tickets, but Toronto sports fans seem to be broken in the head that way.)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »
The Arizona D-Backs traded away Phil Schilling, Randy Johnson, and Team anchor Luis Gonzales and no one seemed to care. New management took over, gutted the team to lower salaries, now no one cares period, cause all they do is lose. :DntKnw:

Lonny
Lonny

Offline greener_09

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
After all that fuss it turns out hes staying anyway.Id hate to think of the silly money hes been offered.Hes got aolt of burnt bridges to mend first though.

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 11:54:02 PM »
I have a question for Ian

Did anyone recognize you with your mask on?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »
Dare, I could'nt give a $&"! about football.  :nono:

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 12:23:49 AM »

now I know your guilty

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

Me neither.  The BC Lions/Calgary Stampeders game ran long, so they didn't show Q1 :(

How will I ever know which sap got stuck with the new teams outside of Q2?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
The Arizona D-Backs traded away Phil Schilling, Randy Johnson, and Team anchor Luis Gonzales and no one seemed to care. New management took over, gutted the team to lower salaries, now no one cares period, cause all they do is lose. :DntKnw:

Lonny

As a life-long Cleveland Indians fan, I'm used to it. I was talking about how well the Indians were doing in the play-offs. A friend said, "The Indians aren't in the play-offs."

Sure they are. Sabathia's there. Cliff Lee's there. Jim Thome's there. Manny's there.........
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 05:43:20 PM »
greener, the silly money you mentioned is £250,000 a week, makes you sick don't it.  :sick:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle