collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 521
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 11 Most Evil Cars of All Time  (Read 1580 times)

Online Jericoke

11 Most Evil Cars of All Time
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:22:40 PM »
Very timely... 3 days AFTER Hallowe'en.

Never the less, it's a fun list, including a mix of genuinely dangerous cars, intimidating designs and gas guzzlers

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/cartech/the-11-most-evil-cars-of-all-time-50001323/

It's obviously not American, being un-informed about the Hummer H2 (claiming it is a military design is wrong... it's a GMC pickup with a 2 tonne passgenger cabin slapped on) and the Bronco II (The Bronco OJ Simpson rode in was a completely different vehicle from the Bronco II, and did not share any common design besides the nameplate.)

Offline Scott

Re: 11 Most Evil Cars of All Time
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
The most evil car of all was left out - "The Car" by Steven King...now that was one evil sucker!   ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:12 PM »

Lol Jeri.  :good: :DD :DD

That Chery Amulet from China looks like it should get top ranking, what a coke can that is. >:D  Thank the Lord western carmakers stopped making fold up coffins on wheels some years ago. 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:45:03 PM »
Who made up this list? Ralph Nader?  :sick:

The Amulet and the Prius I'd agree with. The H2 was just a slick way to get idiots to pay Cadillac money for a Chevy Suburban.

Other than that, most of them were true classics. I thought everybody knew by now that the Pinto scare was just another Nader hoax. The infamous video of the test car exploding was done with a remotely detonated incendiary device. That why there was never an uproar about Mercury Bobcats or Mustang II's exploding, even though they were the same car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Who made up this list? Ralph Nader?  :sick:

The Amulet and the Prius I'd agree with. The H2 was just a slick way to get idiots to pay Cadillac money for a Chevy Suburban.

Other than that, most of them were true classics. I thought everybody knew by now that the Pinto scare was just another Nader hoax. The infamous video of the test car exploding was done with a remotely detonated incendiary device. That why there was never an uproar about Mercury Bobcats or Mustang II's exploding, even though they were the same car.

I'm pretty sure the guy meant Hummer, not H2.  Hard to rail against a car when you've got the wrong one.  (Although passing the H2 off as a Hummer was pretty evil.)

As for the Pinto... how about the fact that it lead to the Mustang II being enough to make it evil?  (My favorite 'fact' about the Pinto was that while it was dangerous, Ford calculated that the cost of lawsuits was less than the cost of the recall - probably because the danger wasn't very frequent.)

David

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:54:02 PM »
That TVR Sagaris is one mean lookin' car.  8)

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »
Cos are you telling me the Pinto wasn't a dangerous car?Looks
like I bought my ex-wife one for nothing then!if only they had
Sagaris's then ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »
Ralph Nader's major character flaw was his firm belief that if he saw something he "knew" was dangerous then any lie or cheat to "prove" that danger was totally justified. Most of what he wrote in "Unsafe at Any Speed" was equally untrue. As for this list. it contains so many errors it's hard to know where to start. Let's just say it's poorly researched and not all that well written. The author knows very little about cars, or chemistry,

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle