collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 107
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16179 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13021 Posts
John S John S
11296 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Anyone pick the Hulk!!  (Read 2491 times)

David

Anyone pick the Hulk!!
« on: November 06, 2010, 05:08:19 PM »
Not the result anybody predicted I'm sure, but I am for one prepared to lose out on GG points to see a rookie and Williams on pole.

Well done Nico and Williams!!  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline cosworth151

Re: Anyone pick the Hulk!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »
Cosworth on pole!!!!!!!!

I wore some of my Williams-Cosworth gear during Quali. I'll definitely have it on for the race tomorrow!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »
He didn't just win pole, he did it by almost a full second!!!  Amazing day for Williams.  Although honestly if I was him, I'd be scared out of my wits for tomorrow's race to think those Red Bulls are probably going to come by on both sides before turn one.   :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:50:47 PM »
That was superb was'nt it, talk about man and machine being as one, Nico was surely in the groove today.  :yahoo:  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
Too funny - he did a great job.  I can't imagine what they've pulled, but I would like to give him a new title...The Slickshod DampMeister   :D

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Not to diminish the work of Nico, Williams or Cosworth, but can we assume that the 'big boys' were running conservatively in qualifying?  Starting third is better than putting your car in the wall.

This is one of my favourite parts of the late season though:  drivers/teams with nothing to lose go all out, and discover just what they can do if they take a chance!

Congratulations to Nico, Williams and Cosworth!

I think my favourite part of Nico's pole was the look on Schumacher's face.  I don't know that I've ever seen him that happy.

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
Obviously I'm delighted with Nico's maiden pole in F1, and the Williams team's first since 2005.  But I think Nico's car was set up for today's conditions and the big teams set up for the dry conditions expected for tomorrow.  One thing is the Hulk has no fear of the big boys, he held up Webber for ages a few races ago.  I know we won't win the race but it is such a great feeling tonight  :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »

I'm sure the big boys will try to take comfort from the Williams car being set up for the damp conditions, but Nico's team is now saying they were not running a wet set up, so he did it on merit.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Rubens is nearly 2 seconds adrift of Nico in sixth, yet we expext him as the local man and a good wet performer to be in the hunt. What I particularly enjoyed was that Nico had done enough for pole before his last lap and then went on to go even faster to rub it into the others.   ;) :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looks like Nico is fighting to stay in an F1 car next year with a vengeance, I'm not sure the Red Bulls or other title contenders are going to just take the race lead from him, he seems to be a man on fire. Can't wait for the start.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 02:53:21 AM »
Man, wish I could have seen this, but I had to work. I hope Nico gets away clean and at least leads for awhile. If he could win....

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 04:04:05 AM »
I had to work too Lonny,hope this stays on
long enough for you to see it

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:31 AM »
John according to Williams the car is set up for dry.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88015
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:16:22 AM by Scott »

Williamsfan

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »
This is interesting as Nico made remarks to suggest his car was set up for the wet.  Still, I hope the team are telling the truth.  I am still in shock that we got a pole position after so long!  I wonder now if the rumours of Nico being retained instead of Rubens are accurate?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »
Caught it, thanks Dare!! Lots of rumors about, the most interesting I think is that since Williams have Nico under a multi-year contract, they will loan him to the new Renault/Team Lotus once the deal for the Renault team is finalised. Does that leave Petrov out in the cold?

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:03 PM »
I think Petrov kissed his ride good-bye when he kissed the wall Friday. As for Nico, Sir Frank would do well to hold onto him with both hands!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle