collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 626
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Final 2010 Grid Game results and beat the WIZZO  (Read 21210 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Final 2010 Grid Game results and beat the WIZZO
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
Way to go WF!  You doubled on one of your best picks of the year and I doubled on my worst.  You've consistently stayed at the front of the field all year, and pulled out 24 points on your DU.  You deserve those checker flags and bragging rights.   :good: :good:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
 :D :D Thankfully I managed to stay one point ahead of Wizzo - whew! :D :D

Hats off to Luke, David and 'where the heck did you come from?' Andy.  Great game, great season - now don't everyone all become strangers until March...plenty to talk about.

Anyone who can make it to Autosport in January Birmingham should start planning.  If you are planning on staying overnight and need a hotel recommendation, some of us have stayed at the Ibis Bullring which is central and handy to the trains and karting.  Wizzo will hopefully get us tickets on Friday to Trade Day.  Go karting is yet to be determined as we're waiting to hear from Ali on how it is shaping up.  I think it is only right that the GG Champion makes a showing to the karting and Autosport show (so we can all admire the trophy, and maybe play a little poker for it  >:D  ).  Looking at that puny map of the UK, I can't see how anyone living there can have much of an excuse not to make it.  Birmingham is beautiful in January  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:57:14 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
Thanks again for the congratulations everyone :D  It is a good feeling to win a competition that's been going on for 9 months!  You were unlucky with your double up Scott.  I was pleased with mine but AndyB had an amazing GP yesterday.  Out of nowhere to runner up! 

Offline romephius

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
As a previous GG Champ, Congrats to you WF, you've earned it... enjoy your next 12 months as reigning champion.

Well done to everyone else, and curses to my screwing up a time zone... my goal was to try and compete with the Wiz.... oh well... next year... Like Webber I'll just come back and do it all again....

Well done again WF.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »

Many congrats Williamsfan.  :yahoo: :yahoo: Just like in the real championship a new winner this year. I was hoping I could make Nando type gestures at someone, but I'll just have to do it in the mirror as we've all been beaten by a better player.  :good:

Big thanks to everyone involved in organising the GG, especially Dare. Can't wait to see what goodies Wizzo might have lined up after his nuptials, I hear they do a nice line in Bob Marley hats in the West Indies.  :D :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
bravo WilliamsFan~!

gracias to Wizzo and Dare for the site and competition, of which we all appreciate
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »
There were plenty of mistakes with my results. Sadly, they were all my picks!  :'(

Seriously, well done, Williamsfan! I surrender the 5 Flags to you. Enjoy them.

Good job, Dare! you always come through, my friend!  :yahoo:

Thank you for the contest & the site, Wizzo. You're the best.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

David

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: Well done Williamsfan  :yahoo: :yahoo:

I believe that's what is called doing a Vettel while I was busy doing an Alonso.  :DD

I'll get you next year.  :crazy:

LoNeR4eVa

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 05:04:40 PM »
Congratz Williamsfan!!!
Is it really a curse that no one is able to take the title for 2 times?! I'll be back next year and the year after to break this curse! Muahahahahahaha!

Well done Williamsfan in using all your might to win the GG!

Well Done Dare and Rom for keeping the Grid Game alive! No one will be able to have so much fun if you guys wasn't there to organize things.

And lastly... Well Done Wizzo! For creating this wonderful site that everyone adores and keeping the Grid Game alive too with all the interesting goodies! Hope you enjoy ur wedding and i wish you have a blissful marriage! =D

Offline Andy B

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
Congratz Williamsfan!!!

And lastly... Well Done Wizzo! For creating this wonderful site that everyone adores and keeping the Grid Game alive too with all the interesting goodies! Hope you enjoy ur wedding and i wish you have a blissful marriage! =D

Wedding? Wedding!!!
On the last GP of the year?
WOW she must be very special to draw you away from the track/TV.
Very Many Congratulations to you both may you have many laps together. :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
 ::)Congratulations again Williamsfan, well done!

Send me a private message to discuss/collect the prize I offered..... ::)

Also congratulations to Andy, the first of us losers!

This Grid Game is great, way better than the actual racing, thanks to the organizers, great job!

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »
Well done WF, maybe next year I will not miss a couple of races and be a bit more of a challenger! Now could you post a message showing video footage of you singing 'Champione, champione ohway ohway ohway' ala Button or were you more of a whimper like Wettel?!

Thanks to all involved, really enjoyed my first experience of the game!

Offline Dare

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
hurry back Wiz,I can't make Cos give up the 5 flags ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 11:13:41 PM »
I was gutted when mine disappeared Dare.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
I was gutted when mine disappeared Dare.

Wiz said he was gutted too when he had to pry them from
your little paws
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline aazz

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »
Congratulations to Williamsfan on a solid effort for the season, a deserved champion.

Thanks also to Dare and Rom for a great competition and to Wizzo for the best F1 site on the web :DD
I can't think of anything to write here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle