collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 291
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: My latest (old) creation - Frankenplane P51  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

My latest (old) creation - Frankenplane P51
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
If the weather is good tomorrow I will finally get to properly maiden this bird. I bought it early this year with the intention of NOT flying it until I trained myself on slower and easier planes to learn on. Did I listen to myself? NOOOOOOO  :-[
Flew it once, poorly and for about 20 seconds, preceeded by 3 or 4 attempts to even get it off the ground, and crashed in on the roof of a local business. They were kind enough to climb up and retrieve it for me in little tiny pieces. I was gonna just bin it but figured it would glue together well one day. Well, that day has come and I just finished the rebuild. As you can see, I took extra care in preserving the beauty of it........errr......no I didn't. I don't care what it looks like now. The first pic is what it used to look like the day I first brought it home.
I'll post video of the maiden either way......

http://picasaweb.google.com/spankyh/FrankenplaneP51#

Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

David

Re: My latest (old) creation - Frankenplane P51
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Look forward to seeing that, hope there is snow on the ground. Might soften the landing this time.  :DD

Good luck CD.  :good:

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
just curious CD but what does a kit like  that cost
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
Just peeked out the bedroom window. 9:30am (ahh weekends!) and it is currently pissing out. Absolutely no snow with none predicted right to Christmas.
Dare, I picked up the plane on consignment from the local hobby shop for $75 and new is would cost about $150. I had to put a receiver in it, another $30 so i was all in for just over $100.
The hobby has come a long way in the past 10 years with prices coming WAY down for the electronics. Around here there are very few gas powered birds anymore what with the price of motors, servos, transmitter/receivers, batteries so bloody cheap out of China.
Anyone interested in entering the hobby the thing to to is read read and then read some more on the RCGroups forums:

www.rcgroups.com

Once you've figured out what you want to do and are ready to order some kit me and my buddies and thousands of others like the cheap stuff from China at:

www.hobbyking.com

Pay no attention to the inevitable elite 'tards you'll run into at RCGroups that poo-poo the cheap Chinese electronics!
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 02:09:34 AM »
I race RC cars, and I'm afraid I poo-poo chinese electrics as well. Give me a good Futaba or KO or JR servo any day. :D

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle