collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 496
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Ian

Top Gear
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »
These boys love upsetting people don't they. Why can't people understand they are all tongue in cheek remarks, not to be taken seriously ?

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/entertainment/tv/top-gear-presenter-we-re-more-afraid-of-welsh-than-mexicans-$21385525.htm

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

Re: Top Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »
NY mayor Bloomberg had some stereotypical things to say about the Irish on the even of the NY St. Paddy's Day Parade.

Some people just don't have a sense of humour about this stuff.   :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ian-odoherty/ian-odoherty-how-very-dare-he-2538829.html

Thank god the Irish do!   :good: :good:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:45:18 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »
Yup, no sense of humour at all! Meanwhile Mexico continues to tarnish its own image by allowing scammers to even take residence inside their own international airports to prey on unsuspecting tourists. Anyone been to Cancun Intl. Airport lately? Sheesh what a bunch of bloody sheisters!  >:D

Meanwhile, what new pit babes I'm seeing here lately!  :yahoo: :good:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
I'm offended by Mayor Bloomberg's comments about the NYC St. Paddy's Day Parade, too. I went to it every year I lived there, and don't remember seeing anyone drunk.

Actually, I don't remember much of anything about those St. Paddy's Days!  :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »
As someone once said "I may disapprove of what you are saying, but I would defend to the death your right to say it", or something along those lines. I hope this still holds true for most of us.

However I feel that anyone who takes a pop at a person, group, country, religion, or even just an ideal (jokingly or not), cannot really be suprised if the offended party is upset, annoyed, or just downright furious about it. Jokes often do not travel well, ask any of the stand ups who've failed in other countries, even when they share a common language.

My advice for Top Gear is not to do a show in Mexico anytime soon.  :D  As for Bloomberg the NY Micks seem to have failed to get him to appreciate a good Stout or 2 seven. Keep at it, is all I can offer.  :tease:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:15:04 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle