collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 571
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: UK Members - Fair Fuel Campaign  (Read 1448 times)

David

UK Members - Fair Fuel Campaign
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
I got this on email and they asked for it to be pass to all my contacts so I thought I will share it with you guys.

‘We’re facing a fuel price crisis!  I’ve signed the FairFuelUK on line petition at www.fairfueluk.com .  They need the support of everyone that feels petrol and diesel prices are too high. Please help them by signing up and then passing this on to all your contacts’.

Offline Scott

Re: UK Members - Fair Fuel Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
We're paying 1.98Sfr per litre here (1.29 in UK money).  Not sure how that compares, but I think you've got a losing fight on your hands.  Tax money and oil company profits.  Good bloody luck!   :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

David

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:22:26 PM »
We can but try. £1.35 / ltr here Scott. It takes over £90 to fill my VW Passat with diesel.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »
Gasoline is about about twice the price in Canada as it is in the USA, but it still costs less by volume than bottled water or soft drinks.

They claim the prices are fixed by the number of refineries in North America.  They run at full capacity, and the high prices fight shortages.  (Whatever.  It's a business, they'll charge what they want, and I wish they'd stop pretending there's anything besides supply/demand at play.) 

I look at the bright side.  Canada's economy is based on commodities.   The higher the price of gasoline, the more buying power a Canadian Dollar has against the Japanese, Chinese and American products we import.  Gas costs 20% more, but my car costs %20 less.  It all works out.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
I'm all for you David.Compared to your prices our $3.18 a
gallon seems pretty cheap but for the  most part public transportation
sucks here in my city and I'd imagine Cos and Lonnie's too.

For my part I don't think their is or has ever been a gas shortage unless
caused by the powers to be.When gas was sky high [can't remember if it
was 2 or 3 years ago ]one of our representatives to Washington by the
name of John Yarmuth said all you had to do to keep gas prices down was to
make the speculators accept delivery of the gas they bought,funny he hasn't brought
that up in Washington yet.Vote these bums out,please
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:59:15 PM »
It was $3.08 here this morning. I've got a 10 cent a gallon off coupon, so I'm going to fill up the Taurus before it goes any higher.

Back in November, when the Republicans took control of the House, I knew gas would go up. It was about $2.30 back then.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
I don't think it makes a hill of beans difference over
gas prices if it's Dem, or Reb.It's people who profit
off any chance to raise oil prices and that includes
more than politicians.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »
If they took speculators right out of all the markets, it would make it a much happier place for the rest of us.  Buy what you need, not what you think you can make a profit on!

I like the idea of forcing the speculators to take delivery of whatever it is they buy, gas, bacon, corn, whatever...it would be hilarious.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 04:33:36 PM »
If they took speculators right out of all the markets, it would make it a much happier place for the rest of us.  Buy what you need, not what you think you can make a profit on!

I like the idea of forcing the speculators to take delivery of whatever it is they buy, gas, bacon, corn, whatever...it would be hilarious.

Amen,too bad it will never happen.The speculators had a part
in the last recession and if gas continues to rise the next
as well

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »

Amen,too bad it will never happen.The speculators had a part
in the last recession and if gas continues to rise the next
as well

Plus it would take a lot out of their profits if they had to pay delivery and storage costs  ;)

David

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
I sent an email to my MP because he was not a listed supporter of the Fair Fuel Campaign, and guess what. He has now pledged his support. I made a difference.  :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:59:14 PM »
It was $3.08 here this morning. I've got a 10 cent a gallon off coupon, so I'm going to fill up the Taurus before it goes any higher.

I didn't make it. By the time I went to lunch, it had jumped to $3.29.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle