collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 301
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeroes Melbourne  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Scott

Heroes and Zeroes Melbourne
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
Heroes:

Vettel - didn't place a foot wrong.  Good job to him.

Hamilton - great race - if he indeed had a broken floor, then it was a fantastic finish, Mclaren should just ditch their complicated exhaust and develop the car they have now.  If all had gone well with both cars, there is no reason they shouldn't have been able to keep up with the RBR's all day.  

Petrov - Lift yer chin boy, straighten your back, 'cause those doubters in the paddock won't be snickering at you anymore.  You're the real deal.  Only problem is that now Renault may have to actually pay you something, or chance losing you.  Fantastic drive, and whatever he says, Alonso is certainly p*ssed to be reminded of his lost WDC following you around looking at your rear wing.

Sauber - Great drive for both drivers...hope they get the points back after appeal, and I hope they get a lot more points this season.

Rosberg - was on his way to the points until Rubens ended his day.

Zeroes:

Rubens - I think I suggest he retire each season 2-3 times.  This will be the first time this year.  Maybe Williams can get Petrov for Rubens salary?  Like WF said, after a while his excuses just come across as blah, blah, blah, blah.

Stewards - Race 1, why not give Sauber a warning or a rules clarification instead of DQ'ing both point scoring drivers for a couple of mm infraction?  Sauber claim it made no aero advantage (which they would anyhow of course), but if that is so, then the DQ is a bit draconian in this instance.  

Button - Although he drove solid afterwards, I was yelling at Button to give back the place to Massa for the next lap, but no, he has to insist he was ahead when he went off - which is a load of crap, since if he was ahead of Massa, he wouldn't have seen him pinch Button off the track.

HRT - What the heck...I thought they weren't allowed to race.  Why do they show them doing a lap?    

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:39:19 PM by F1 Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

Re: Heroes and Zeroes Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:28 PM »
I think you summed it up perfectly there Scott!

Heroes:

Vettel- was a class apart this weekend, sensational and if he can keep driving with that maturity this year, there will be no nail-biting season finale in 2011.

Hamilton- did a fantastic job with a damaged car and looked very comfortable in second place.

Petrov- Great drive, like Scott said he is looking like the real deal and maybe not having Kubica there will help him this year? 

Sauber- Despite the DQ they did brilliantly, especially Perez who was stunning today.

Di Resta- I guess every cloud has a silver lining and Sauber's DQ saw Paul get a point on his F1 debut which was great. 

Zeroes:

Barrichello/Williams- Less said the better, if it carries on like today 2011 will be a very long season.

Ferrari- Where was the speed they threatened all winter?! 

Button- Uncharacteristic case of red mist that blew his chances of a podium

Lotus- after the winter of talking up their chances, they're pretty much exactly where they were last year.  I had hoped they'd be a little more competitive this time round

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:17:44 PM »
Zero:

FIA.  Where's all the passing that the flappy wing and disintegrating tires were supposed to provide?

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
I think we'd better hold judgement on Petrov,one race
doesn't make a future champ.Remember Piquet also drove
a Renault to a podium finish
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:12:20 PM »
I think with Petrov it is a combination of his race today and also his race in Abu Dhabi where he also performed much better than his reputation to that point suggested.  However, he'll probably let us down next race and make some hideous errors! 

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »

Yeah, but look at Button's first few seasons.  Not all champions, highly touted or not, start out on top.

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »

Yeah, but look at Button's first few seasons.  Not all champions, highly touted or not, start out on top.

The F1 of today doesn't allow you the option of too
many unperforming seasons
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

David

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:34:13 PM »
Yeah, well summed up Scott.  :good:

Special mention to Perez for a very very impressive first drive, nightmare that you lost the points. Also Petrov, I thought you had seen your day but today you proved your doubters, including me, very much wrong.

Where was the performance Ferrari promised? Gutted.  :'(

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »

I wouldn't even say he might ever be champion...I just don't think he represents a typical pay driver, and when he shows up a veteran like Heidfeld the entire weekend, he's figured something out.  When I say he's the real deal, he's a driver who deserves to be paid, but who may never win...like a Trulli, or a Heidfeld, or a Liuzzi, or a Rosberg, or a Buemi, or a Sutil...

Podium in his second year...lots of past and present F1 drivers can't say that.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:43 PM »
Oh yeah, and I'll second Jeri's point about the lack of overtaking with the flappy wings.  I'll say it again, let them use it whenever they want...some will figure it out, some won't, but it'll make much better racing.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »

I wouldn't even say he might ever be champion...I just don't think he represents a typical pay driver, and when he shows up a veteran like Heidfeld the entire weekend, he's figured something out.  When I say he's the real deal, he's a driver who deserves to be paid, but who may never win...like a Trulli, or a Heidfeld, or a Liuzzi, or a Rosberg, or a Buemi, or a Sutil...

Podium in his second year...lots of past and present F1 drivers can't say that.

Trulli  actually got Renault's firs twin under Flav at Monaco,as  a
thank you he was released later that season and replaced by JV

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »
OK, I didn't check that well, but still, Trulli hasn't won in years and still commands in the millions.  Petrov is bringing Renault a reported $10m per year and he grabs a podium.

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »
OK, I didn't check that well, but still, Trulli hasn't won in years and still commands in the millions.  Petrov is bringing Renault a reported $10m per year and he grabs a podium.

I hate to gloat but I'm rarely right ;)

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 04:31:16 AM »
Heros:
Vettel (I'm sorry to say that....)
Petrov
Perez (being diesqualified is not his fault, he drove a fine race)
Virgin (for getting themselves qualified)

Zeros:
Heidfeld!
Massa
HRT
FIA (Agree with Jericoke)
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:07:20 AM »
While it is entirely possible that Petrov could beat Heidfeld head to head, there is such a difference here, I have to believe Nick had some type of problem with his equipment.
Heroes: Vettel, if he can maintain this level of maturity, watch out!
           Perez, showed he can play with the big boys.
           McLaren, what a recovery from testing.

Zeros:  Ferrari, really didn't seem to be on pace.
           FIA, most rules makers inspect the cars before qually, Sauber might have been
                  able to fix this problem.
           Button, should have known better.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle