collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 186
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Are You Going to Set Fire to Your Car?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Wizzo

Are You Going to Set Fire to Your Car?
« on: January 26, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »
At War
Remember when you saw your car for the first time? What made it look so good? I bet it was the shine of the new paintwork.

From the moment your car leaves the factory it is at war with the elements of nature. The manufacturer knows this and seals in the paint with a protective layer called 'Clear Coat' but then it's all up to you - if you don't protect the Clear Coat you'll start loosing the finish and then the paint itself!

Ahhh....I hear you say, I've seen my car wax put on a car bonnet and set on fire, without damaging the paint finish, that proves the protective qualities of my car wax.

While the theatrical ploy has sold millions of cans of car wax over the years, it is a misrepresentation of the fact that heat rises. Regardless of whether or not the paint finish is protected with a coat of some magic formulation, it is unaffected by flaming alcohol. When you place your hand directly on where the flame has been, the moment the flame goes out, you discover that the surface is barely warm. It is simply a demonstration of physics.

Unlucky
'But its too cold to wash my car by hand' I hear you say. So what's the alternative? The local garage car wash, if you're unlucky you will have an automatic car wash that is guaranteed to leave fine scratches and swirl marks all over your car. The manufacturers of auto car washes actually know that they cannot clean your car without damaging the paint.

If you're REALLY unlucky, you'll have a hand car wash - WHAT? - What's wrong with that? If you wait in line at a hand car wash, watch how they wash the cars in front of you. First they will use a spray around your wheels and bumpers to loosen any dirt, this liquid will be 'acid' based! designed to give a good finish by taking the top layer off your wheels and paint - ouch! Then they will clean your car using a sponge or mitt that has the remains of the 30 cars they cleaned in front of you, but don't worry, look, he's going to dunk it in that trough full of dark coloured water containing dirt, grit and probably brake dust! Here come those scratches again! I beg you, turn around and go home, I would rather see a dirty car than a scratched one, wouldn't you?

We Can Help

GP-Wizard Car Care will show you the secrets of the Professionals. It's a great resource site for not only discounted products but automotive surface care knowledge. The useful information available will help you understand the importance of automotive surface care and how GP-Wizard can help you keep your car looking it's best at all times.

Remember, you car is probably the second biggest purchase you will make in your lifetime and you'll reap the benefits after-wards when you come to sell it. Isn't it about time you started looking after your pride and joy?

Visit us by Clicking Here

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

Re: Are You Going to Set Fire to Your Car?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:18:43 PM »

Lot of good info there,learned I've
  been washing my car wrong for years.
  Are shipping rates to Us very costly?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »

I have no idea dare, I would suspect you could obtain all of my products locally and save a bundle on the shipping. If not then let me know and I will see what I can do for you.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »
I have had a good look round Wizard.
You have got a great range of products for the car enthusiast.
Everyone should have a look at what the Wizard has got to offer!
It is well worth a visit....

The Stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle