collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeroes for China  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Jericoke

Heroes and Zeroes for China
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
Heroes (get settled, it's a long list today)

Mark Webber.  18 to 3rd?  7 seconds behind the winner?  Are you kidding me?

Lewis Hamilton.  He's hardly an old dog, but he's quite adept at learning new tricks.

Massa.  Looks like he's got his mojo back.

Rosberg.  Mercedes is looking like they can play with the big boys.

Lotus.  Only one lap down.

HRT.  Double finish!

Virgin.  Double finish!

FIA/Pirelli.  I think they've got it.  That was one of the best races I remember seeing, from start to finish.

The field.  Really.  There were a few silly moves here and there, but there was gambling on different strategies and tactics.  23 professional race car drivers guided by dozens of brilliant tacticians.  That's what F1 should look like!

Zeroes

Perez.  Rookie jitters I suppose.

Button.  I know that you're wearing different coveralls every day, but your pit crew hasn't changed.

Offline Dare

Re: Heroes and Zeroes for China
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:13:20 PM »
missed another one but it sounded good,now that were getting back to
a civilized time for race I'll be in race central next time

1 dnf,that one caught everyone by surprise
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 03:19:41 PM »
Heroes:

Webber - of course, one of the best drives in years, 18th to 3rd. What a driver
Hamilton - great planning and staying calm despite his pre-race troubles.
Massa - gaining the pre-accident form we love from him.

Zeroes:

Button - seriously, how do you get your pit box wrong? Rookie mistake
Pirelli - still not a fan, the tires aren't right yet.
Perez - it's not dodgem cars

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »
Heroes (get settled, it's a long list today)

Mark Webber.  18 to 3rd?  7 seconds behind the winner?  Are you kidding me?

Lewis Hamilton.  He's hardly an old dog, but he's quite adept at learning new tricks.

Massa.  Looks like he's got his mojo back.

Rosberg.  Mercedes is looking like they can play with the big boys.

Lotus.  Only one lap down.

HRT.  Double finish!

Virgin.  Double finish!

FIA/Pirelli.  I think they've got it.  That was one of the best races I remember seeing, from start to finish.

The field.  Really.  There were a few silly moves here and there, but there was gambling on different strategies and tactics.  23 professional race car drivers guided by dozens of brilliant tacticians.  That's what F1 should look like!

Zeroes

Perez.  Rookie jitters I suppose.

Button.  I know that you're wearing different coveralls every day, but your pit crew hasn't changed.

You covered it all Jeri.  The only thing I can think of was that Button figured he was the only one coming into the pits at that moment and was busy fumbling with dials and buttons until he realized his F-up.  Did you see him interviewed after the race?  He had a silly grin on his face the whole time just waiting for the inevitable question, but I guess Ms MacKenzie gave him a break by not asking anything about it.

Also in the post-race press conference when Webber mentioned he was happy Hamilton took it from Vettel there was silence...he fumbled to explain himself, but I don't think he did any favours for himself from Vettel or the RBR management.

Wizzo and I had fun in the chat room ALL BY OURSELVES (ok, Ian was there for the first bit).  Don't worry, we didn't spend the whole time talking about the rest of you...  :P :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:48:17 PM by F1 Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
The only thing I can think of was that Button figured he was the only one coming into the pits at that moment and was busy fumbling with dials and buttons until he realized his F-up.  Did you see him interviewed after the race?  He had a silly grin on his face the whole time just waiting for the inevitable question, but I guess Ms MacKenzie gave him a break by not asking anything about it.

Also in the post-race press conference when Webber mentioned he was happy Hamilton took it from Vettel there was silence...he fumbled to explain himself, but I don't think he did any favours for himself from Vettel or the RBR management.

Wizzo and I had fun in the chat room ALL BY OURSELVES (ok, Ian was there for the first bit).  Don't worry, we didn't spend the whole time talking about the rest of you...  :P :P

We don't get the expanded BBC coverage.  Basically, we pick things up 5 minutes before the parade lap, and end with the English language interview of the podium finishers.  (It was nice that Brundle acknowledged we were joining in part way!)

I miss chatting, but I just can't handle watching a race at 3 am... though I think that this race would have kept me interested!

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »
Super Hero.....Mark Webber

Doughnut.......Jenson Button

Great race though
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
Everything has been pretty much covered that I noticed from the race.  Mark Webber though, what a drive, epic stuff!  No idea how he pulled that off without a fully functioning KERS!

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
Super Hero.....Mark Webber

Doughnut.......Jenson Button

Great race though

Jammie Doughnut for Button as he could have earned a penalty for the wrong box.  ::)

Heroes

Webber - simply class of the field  :yahoo: - no KERS, out of position and written off by the so called knowledgeable commentators until half way thru the race, what a comeback.  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Lewis - for dropping his Gille Villeneuve must attack every lap attitude, the win was about head as well as heart.

Kobayashi - still a must watch for his offline overtakes that he is not afraid to try, and more important make stick. Got a point as well.

Zeros

Red Bull - strategy for Seb was not the fastest way to finish the race and cost him the win - ask Mark boys.  :P

Ferrari & Alonso - where oh where has your speed gone. Not sure a different strategy would have made any difference.

Williams - Kovalainen in the Lotus nearly caught both of you.  :o

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:53:04 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »
Williams is in danger of becoming a one car team again, and a slow one car team at that.  Bring back Kazuki on Pastor's current form! 

Offline Philbe

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »
Have to agree...best race so far this season...only 1 car out!! Boy, if the big 3 could figure out that reliability we would have some great cars.

My hero was Webber for sure...dare I say it..an MS type of run thru the field.

Zero is for sure the tires. When the other teams can speculate when the other cars will be going slower due to the fall off of the tires, there is an issue.

Parez...maybe he'll be better at touring cars.

Phil

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »

Zero is for sure the tires. When the other teams can speculate when the other cars will be going slower due to the fall off of the tires, there is an issue.

Phil

I Blame the teams for their strategy calls on number of stops, not Pirelli, if some of the teams got the predictions spot on so could all of them. It's the big boys league after all, when they get the stategy right they look good - get it wrong and they lose places and look foolish.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Williamsfan

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
Yeah, today showed strategy counts and I hope that throughout the season teams and drivers keep getting it wrong at times.  That is what made today exciting.  If all teams had 3 stopped it might have lacked some of the intrigue we had today.  I mean, 3 stopping took Webber from 18th to 3rd but two stopping Vettel from 1st to 2nd...  It was brilliant to see who took which gambles! 

David

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
Heroes

Hamilton – Master class of overtaking, very entertaining to watch. A deserved win.

Webber – Where did he come from? What a drive!

Massa – If only he had have been on a three stopper he just might have scored a few more points. The car really looked great as did he.  :good:

di Resta – The future in F1 should be long. Love this guy.

Kovalainen – Getting the very most out of his Lotus.

Pirelli – These tyre have made such a difference, I was on the edge of my seat the whole race. I know there is some negative on the tyres but I think it’s a matter of the drivers and the teams learning to manage them.

Zeroes

Alonso – Get yer finger out the wee man is showing you the road. Great to see him fighting with Schumacher all the same.

Ferrari – Two stops?  :fool:

Button – Without the mistakes he could have been standing where Lewis was. No comment on the pit stop.  :DD

Perez – Where did the promising form go? You can be driving like that.  :nono:

Offline Willy

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 01:02:29 AM »
Hero's.
Webber - he gave a master class in focused, driven race driving. He should start from back every race so as to give himself some juice.
Hamilton - great drive from the start and way to get ahead of Vettel. Not always a Hamilton fan but was cheering for him today.
Pirelli - Love the drop off in performance as it shakes things up and adds another element that has been missing.
DRS/FIA - Any way to increase passing has a thumbs up from me.  :good:

Zero's.

Button - Just checking, you are with Mclaren...right?
Perez - You will get better.

This was the best race I have watched in a few seasons!!
This one race has gone a long way to restoring my excitement about F1 that was flagging due to boring races.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »

You were? I was logged into the chatroom for the whole post-race forum and there was nobody visible there!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle