collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 283
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Red Bull mechanic scolds ’cheat’ Button  (Read 3031 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Red Bull mechanic scolds ’cheat’ Button
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »

There's always one who doesn't see c*ck-up beats conspiracy most of the time.  :(           
Jens actually lost a place to Seb due to his senior moment and Lewis was not in the frame at that time. I thought the Red Bull boys were the lighthearted ones and McLaren, Merc & Ferrari are more straitlaced. Your cheery bon homie has not rubbed off on your right hand man Mark.  ::)

At least one Red Bull team member did not see the funny side after Jenson Button drove into the wrong area for a pitstop in China.

British comedy lover Vettel smiled when asked about Button’s mistake but also furrowed his brow to point out the more serious side.

"I lost a little bit of time because I waited, I didn’t want to stop and then go again. It’s also not easy for the (pit) guys, it’s very easy to lose the rhythm," said the reigning champion.

Even more irritated was Red Bull’s left-rear wheel-gun operator Mark Lenton, otherwise known as Mark Webber’s number one mechanic ’Crunch’.

"I realised they were cheating from the beginning," he said when asked about the incident by the BBC’s David Coulthard after the race.

"I was pretty disappointed when he wanted to stop, to slow us down," added Lenton.

Asked by Coulthard if he was joking, ’Crunch’ - clarifying that his view was a personal opinion rather than a team one - continued: "I honestly think they were trying to cheat. I thought it was a very cheeky move to try to slow us down."

Nextgen-auto.com, April 18.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Red Bull mechanic scolds ’cheat’ Button
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
I wonder if they watch the race broadcast afterwards?

Certainly from the pitlane, it might look like Jenson was trying to mess with RBR.  If he'd driven straight through, I'd even believe it, but as Vettel points out, starting and stopping is a fairly high risk maneouver for cars without their own starting motor or cooling fans.

When McLaren cheats, it's never something as lame as that.  (Unless... did anyone check to see if maybe Button was taking pictures on his cell phone while stopped?  :tease: )

Offline littledave

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
Nonsense! The biggest loser out of it all was Jenson because Vettell gained position over him in the process!! Sour grapes springs to mind!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
 :fool: :fool: Vettel wasn't that close to Button - he didn't have to wait at all!  When he got to his pit, it was empty and waiting for him.  :fool: :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Don't these people realise how stupid they sound? Why would a driver or team sacrifice track position just to upset an opposing teams pit crew??
Mr Crunch has just ensured he will never get a job with Maclaren should he ever need to!

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Isn't this a reaction to all the fuss of McLaren about the flexy wing of Red Bull? Just a moment of frustration because they know they are wrong.

That is my opinion...
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Williamsfan

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:12:25 PM »
Don't these people realise how stupid they sound? Why would a driver or team sacrifice track position just to upset an opposing teams pit crew??
Mr Crunch has just ensured he will never get a job with Maclaren should he ever need to!

Ask Nelson Piquet Jr for the answer to that one  ;)

David

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 07:53:17 PM »
I heard them interviewing that mechanic on the after race show, and thought to myself "what is that guy talking about?" Jake & DC were taken back by his stupid accusation.  :crazy:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle