collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: In season testing  (Read 2150 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

In season testing
« on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
Its looking like we could have some in season testing again from 2012?  Are you for or against?  My personal opinion is that it could be ok the monday and Tuesday after some races and only the third/reserve or young driver allowed test.

Offline Scott

Re: In season testing
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
Teams would never go for that rule.  You can't expect them to waste a test on a reserve driver when so few tests are allowed.  It's something else when you have unlimited testing, then test drivers had real value, but here and there for limited laps, teams want the race drivers doing the tests.  Let them have third cars and do extra testing and I can see it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
Steve Machet on Speed TV has the best idea I have heard yet. He wants to ditch Practice 1 and 2 and make Friday a free day. Have the track open all day, for 8 hours or something and let the teams do what they want to

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »
Steve Machet on Speed TV has the best idea I have heard yet. He wants to ditch Practice 1 and 2 and make Friday a free day. Have the track open all day, for 8 hours or something and let the teams do what they want to

That's been raised before and I doubt that will happen either if anything they will run at a track they have just used, to save on transport costs, but even that has its problems as there are so many races now.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 12:14:47 AM »
Why not have testing once a month or every 4 races to hold
the costs down.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 03:59:06 AM »
I'm a big fan of unlimited testing... but I appreciate the reality that most F1 teams can't afford to do it, and the gap between the top and bottom of the grid will grow to uninteresting proportions.

I would suggest more technical partnerships so that the 'have not' teams can share the bounty of the deep pocketed teams.  e.g., Ferrari can run as many laps as they want, but they share data with, say, HRT.

David

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »

This isn't a bad idea but I would have limitations as to tracks they were allowed to do this at as not all are suitable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle