collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Top Gear Returns  (Read 5725 times)

davewilson

Top Gear Returns
« on: January 28, 2007, 02:13:55 PM »
Top Gear is back tonight BBC2 8.00pm

Hammond's back. Really, he is. The Hamster returns to your screen at 8pm this Sunday in the most explosive episode of Top Gear ever - and the action will continue on TopGear.com as soon as the credits roll.

Richard will be blogging right here at 9pm - read about this, and our exclusive computer-generated reconstruction of the accident in our news story.

Having spent the day with Richard as he made his emotional return to the TG studio, TopGear.com can happily report that he's healthy, happy and just a little bit embarrassed to have caused so much trouble.

For a full preview of Series Nine, check out our gallery. Here's what to look out for this week:

Men at work
Why do roadworks take so long? It's a question that's vexed every one of us as we sit stationary, gazing glazen-eyed at a builder armed with a stop-go sign and massive arse cleavage. Surely there must be a better way?

With the aid of just 32 of Warwickshire's finest road workers, a quarryful of tarmac and an incredibly irritating megaphone, the boys try to complete a week's worth of road repairs in just 24 hours. How hard can it be?

Fast food
This week's studio guest Jamie Oliver was on a mission to prove he could set a tasty lap time rather than make a dog's dinner of our Reasonably Priced Car.

After nearly flattening us at Gambon - twice - and demonstrating a couple of the most spectacular fishtail slides we've ever seen on our icy test track, Jamie eventually got to grips with the non-stick circuit (see what we did there?) and even managed to fry the Lacetti's radiator. Smoking stuff.

Jaguar XKR v Aston Martin V8 Vantage
What better way to celebrate the return of the best show in Britain (hell, the world) than thrash a couple of the finest sports cars in Britain (hell, the world) around our test track? We've never seen Jeremy more torn - will he plump for the gorgeous Vantage or the Jag's supercharged XKR, with an engine note like "Tom Jones gargling a NASCAR"? Oh, how we've missed those metaphors...

Hammond's shunt
It's the big one. Like a scary film, you know what's coming. You want to shut your eyes, but somehow you can't look away. Whatever you've read about Hammond's jet car accident, you won't be quite prepared for it. It even shut JC up. Don't miss it.

Watch more
So that's what's on the show, but the TG coverage doesn't end at 9pm on Sunday. Oh no. The techies at TopGear.com have been beavering away to create an awesome 3D reconstruction of Hammond's crash, using detailed telemetry from the Vampire's black box.

The animation gives you an amazing insight into the G-forces and impact of the high-speed crash. It goes live as the show ends.

And that's not all. As soon as you've seen the video and watched the reconstruction, we want to know what you think. Richard will be posting a blog on the site at 9pm, and we'll be giving you the chance to respond. Visit:

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/

The Stig

Offline Wizzo

Re: Top Gear Returns
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 03:01:25 PM »

I can't wait!!  :yahoo:

The best motoring TV program is back! At last something to watch on a Sunday, no doubt the missus will be reading a book in the bath!  ::)

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
I enjoyed it very much and it topped "Big Brother" in the ratings!

The Stig

Offline romephius

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »
Please....Big Brother?  how bout Big Boring......Top Gear anytime.  I saw a video on my housmates e-mail of jeremy clarkson shooting cars falling off a cliff.  It was great.

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »
Yes they have some great reports......
It looks like they will have to crash every week to keep those ratings though?

The Stig

Offline jemma

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 12:02:08 PM »
I absolutely love Top Gear much better that big Brother.  I loved the Jag on Top Gear last night it is gorgeous. :)

davewilson

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
Now that is what i call a woman with taste!!!
It looks even better in black...

The Stig

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
Jemma, I hope you are a teacher, coz we need you here in Australia to teach the local ladies some british culture.  (well your culture) take it easy.

Rom

Offline jemma

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
Yeah definately.  I loved it in the red aswell though.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:28 PM »
Top Gear was excellent!

The Jag XKR was very nice indeed but give me an Aston any day. The video footage of Richard Hammond's accident was very scary, its a shame the impression of speed didn't come across too well. I'm glad Richards back, it wouldn't be the same without him.

Top Gear usually heralds the way for other motoring programs, Fifth Gear will probably be next, still I can think of worse things to watch whilst counting down to the start of the F1 season.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »
Well I've tried my hardest to stay off this thread but I can't resist it any more.
If I spend more than 30 seconds looking at those prats on Top Gear my blood pressure goes through the roof.

Last time I watched it they built the Caterham, I nearly kicked the sh!t out of the telly!

Oh that feels better, thought this topic was way too one sided! :DD

Neil.P

davewilson

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »
We wont do anymore...

The Stig

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 04:48:31 PM »

....but....but.....everybody watches Top Gear......don't they??  :confused:

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 05:47:15 PM »
No chance, can't do it. I can feel my glands coming up just thinking about it :DD

I mean, they built two Caterhams, they drove one about 600 miles up a motorway. The other about 30 yards to the start line of a track. Then the programme finished, did'nt even drive 'em on the track where they're made for!

As for the 'lets see who can get to bloody Italy the quickest' in a Ferrari or by ruddy Jet-ski via the Med :bored: "Sorry Boys I've beaten you by three and a half minutes" Say's Clarkson :sick:

I've got a destination next time they wanna do a "lets see who can get there the quickest". Baghdad!

Oh I know it's only TV and it's not supposed to be serious and all that... :) ;) :D :yahoo:

Neil.P

davewilson

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »
Hi,Neil
Just to show i am not biased in reports on the subject.I have found you a pal.
I hate Top Gear

I hate Top Gear. Why do I watch it? Because I hate it so much that's why.

It encompasses everything I deplore about that section of society I dislike so much in one neat package. Usually there's a bit of good and bad in everything, but I can quite honestly put my hand on my heart and say that everything about this program disgusts me.

Firstly, there's the audience.

Overweight receding white men with tight jeans, Timberlands and fleece jackets. A sporty BMW, the Sunday Times motoring section, The Darkness, a home in Rickmansworth. You can see them now, all lined up like a whose ugliest competition waiting to laugh at Jeremy's boorish student humour (Say something and make a face, easy).

Which brings me to secondly, the presenters.

Jeremy Clarkson, sneering at cheap cars and how much he hates public transport. The more hateful his opinions, the more the sycophant Clives laugh along, acknowledging the acceptability of conservatism because it's on the BBC. Then there's the little one, the annoying little poo who will disagree with everything Jeremy says because that's what good little Tories do. You can tell he idolises him though, those twinkling eyes are a giveaway. Finally there's the posh twat, the faux public schoolboy who still lives in an era when gentlemen drove roadsters and beat their wives up on Sunday afternoons after Cricket practice. Words begin to fail me at this point.

Last weeks guest was Roger Daltrey, lead singer of arguably the worlds greatest ever Rock and Roll band, The Who. Jeremy moans because bands these days, like Maroon 5, don't live the Rock and Roll lifestyle. You have to wonder how many of the Clives in the audience had any idea what Rock and Roll is, or what sort of music Jeremy and the chums are listening to whilst queued up on the M4. Before signing off Jeremy tells Roger that he's going to listen to Who's next on the way home.

Daltrey's bemused face is an absolute picture.

Think about Jeremy Clarkson singing along to Baba OReily in his Aston Martin, whilst driving home to his mock tudor residence through the Buckinghamshire countryside. Really quite depressing isn't it?

That's exactly the kind of image that made Kurt Cobain give up on Rock and Roll music and turn to suicide.

http://www.alancoleman.com/boomablog/index.php?id=61

This was the only other chap i could find on the net who hates it......

P.S. I did help an engineer who used to build hill climbing cars from scratch.He then went on to build a rather fine Caterham Car,which took a lot of love and time.....I do understand

The Stig

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:58:06 PM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle