collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 578
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: How good was that?  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Wats-on

Re: How good was that?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 07:44:08 AM »
Since this are the 24 best drivers in the world - or supposed to be so - why did Charlie wait so long starting the race getting under way? Just go with it, it was not Malaysia 2009 or Fuji 2007...
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »

Athough first lewis and then Jenson ruined my GG prediction  :D I still reckon it was a stonking race. :good:

Like some others though I'm puzzled why they started under the safety car.  :confused: The only reason I can think was to prevent anyone trying to start on the intermediates, or heaven forbid slicks, instead of the full wet tyres.

Maybe they should amend the rule to give race control the power to insist they all start on full wets to save the safety car being used, isn't a proper start what we all prefer?

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 11:41:29 AM »
That's not a bad idea John.  If the FIA calls the track wet on the start, then all cars must be on full wets.  Don't even let the FIA call for inter's...then we'd have the start we all want.  If I wanted to see a start behind the SC, I'd be watching Indy or NASCAR.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »
I flew out of the UK on Sunday evening and arrived home 31 hours later, I had messages telling me about the delay but not the details. My Sky system compensated for the delay and recorded 294 minutes which I have just finished watching at 0550 so just found out the result!!
What a race and impossible to predict I was surprised to get 7 points especially as I was trying to do it when at a function and getting ready to fly out the UK. Well done to all those who gained good points.
So much was happening I wish I could have seen it live and been on chat!
I'm not sure that I want them all that wet though.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Willy

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
Due to the times that most F1 races run in Europe it is middle of the night here on the West Coast of Canada, and I usually tape the races and watch later that day.
So with the Canadian GP being run only 3 time zones from me I was able to watch it live.
Damn good thing  as my tape would have stopped long before the end with a 2 hour stoppage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle