collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 471
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Overweight Stumbling Marshall  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Willy

Overweight Stumbling Marshall
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:51:17 PM »
Stay off the track you fool.
That guy should not have jumped over to try to clear debris.

Offline Dare

Re: Overweight Stumbling Marshall
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 11:19:23 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:45:42 AM »
They are suppose to be the person responsible for safety, and they made it unsafe for everybody. Could have got worse, lucky it didn't happen.

If drivers are being penalized for unsafe driving, i guess the safety marshal should be treated the same.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:55:25 AM »
I am being critical as  have worked as a marshall and know that you never step onto a track with cars approaching. There is no way in hell you can outrace them as they are coming way faster then you can adjust to.
These guys did not receive the proper training or just plain forgot in the heat of the moment. But they were just plain unsafe. For themselves as well as the drivers.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 05:22:50 AM »
 look at the marshall in the dark  pants and white
 shirt skipping back across the track.Thank God
 we didn't see that in chat.looks like he's trying
 not to step on the cracks in the course  :DD
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
All seriousness aside for second.....that was the funniest thing I've seen for a while. I hope he dropped a dookie while out there!

I couldn't believe it when that happened during the race.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:54 AM »
Scary, but funny...Sam and I were laughing our a$$es off.  Send it off to funniest videos.

All those guys were morons though.  It was a SC period, and the SC had just gone through with only 5-6 cars trailing it.  Logic will tell you that the rest of the field is screaming around to catch up quickly, yellow flags or not.  NOBODY should step on the track until the last car is through.  There is still most of a minute to clean up stuff then.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:15:24 AM »
They will be blushing like strawberry, if they could see how much concerned and angry we are, for their safety as well as for being so funny in the track.... :crazy:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
I thought it was Dare at first.  :DD  :DD  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 02:11:12 PM »
 :o

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »
I'm not 100% convinced that the guy who fell over was actually a marshal. He wasn't wearing a bib, which all marshals are supposed to do for identification and visibility purposes (not that a F1 driver is going to spot a bibbed practising speed bump better than a black one).

If he's genuine, he'll probably be struck off the list of circuit marshals, whether formal action is taken against him or not. If not... ...there are trespassing laws for a reason.

Like Willy and F1 Scott, I was also quite concerned that these people forgot that the point of a Safety Car (as opposed to just using delta times for everyone) is to make sure there's a period of time when no cars are passing through an area. This isn't USA 2005 or Monaco 1996 and there were more than 6 cars left in the race. Poor Pedro must have got the fright of his life. I think these people's brains were between Hamilton's and Sutil's in the hotel "brain luggage" storage rack.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 02:09:22 AM »
It was a serious moment Ali and if he wasn't a marshall what
was he doing out there?

but

like Darrell on the serious side,in all my years watching sporting
events that's the funniest thing I ever saw :D  just thinking
about it makes me still laugh :DD

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:06 AM »
When I saw that Sauber approach, first thing I thought of was Tom Pryce, Kyalami 1977...

OMG what was he thinking he was doing? Stupid!  :o :nono: :fool: :DntKnw:
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »

I think the fault lies with the person who gave permission for the guys to go on track, it took a while for the safety car to pick up even some of the pack so just who thought it was safe to let people go on track at that moment?

The incident obviously is funny to view in retrospect and I bet a couple of those guys wish their marshalls uniforms were brown.  ;)

Track marshalls have a tough job, often with long periods of inactivity so when they have to burst into action it's not suprising they sometimes end up looking less than perfect. It's pretty difficult to rehearse for incidents that motor races can throw up,  they vary so enormously even in F1, especially when there is very little racing at all on that track.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:48 PM »
It was a serious moment Ali and if he wasn't a marshall what
was he doing out there?

My personal theory is that he was a track invader who wanted to know what it was like to get close to the cars, but because he genuinely cared about motor racing, didn't want to spoil the race (or get rugby-tackled) like Mr Foolish at Britain 2003. Only he found out that impersonating a marshal is more difficult than it looks...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle