collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 136
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11271 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The worst who did the best who didn't part 2  (Read 987 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

The worst who did the best who didn't part 2
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »
Following on from an earlier question regarding the worst drivers to start an F1 race and the best who didn't I want to know do people have any opinions on the best never to have won the championship, and those who did win it and maybe shouldn't have.

I'm maybe being obvious when I say Stirling Moss, but also I think Gilles Villeneuve should have won a championship, and would have had he lived, and Ronnie Peterson I think was good enough to have been able to win a championship.

Michael Schumacher deserved most of his titles, however I don't think he did in 1994, theres the way he took the title in Adelaide, and also the lingering doubt that his Benetton was running traction control illegally.  I have given this a lot of thought but for me there are two drivers who won a championship and I'm not actually sure he was among the greats are Hunt and Rosberg.  It kind of pains me to say Hunt because he had so so much Character but I kind of feel he lucked into the 76 title.  I know he had a lot of bad luck but I think a dry day in Fuji and it would have desrvedly been Niki's title.  As for Keke, well I know nobody won more than two races in 1982 and Keke only won once, but he wasn't exactly a prolific winner anyway.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: The worst who did the best who didn't part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
One of the best who never won: Dan Gurney. If he had stayed at Brabham, he might have won in '66 or '67. As far as Rosberg, he was N/A running against far more powerful turbos, but got them on consistency. Deserved I think. Undeserved, lately there has been a movement to deify Senna, and while I understand his frustration with Balestre, saying you are going to crash out your rival and then doing it tops my list. :nono:

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle