F1 News & Discussions > F1 Experiences

F1 weekend essentials

(1/4) > >>

Wizzo:
Going to a Grand Prix? Here are some tips to help you enjoy your F1 race weekend.

Race ticket  ::) (only for that day if each day is seperate)

* Lightweight waterproof jacket

Hat or cap Cameras - 1 with a zoom 1 quick action (eg disposable) for those surprise events like bumping into a driver or two!

* Padded seat to stop numbness setting in (or a towel folded in a plastic bag borrowed from your hotel) Some grandstand seats are moulded plastic but many are numbered spaces on concrete or metal terraces.

* Sunglasses and sunscreen Bottled water (can be bought at circuits but at a price) Snack bars

* Ear protectors - either plugs for the ears or muffs Radio for the trackside commentary Stopwatch

Sports binoculars

* Circuit plan - can be found in the race programme

* Events timetable - can be found in the race programme

* A well secured bag to carry your belongings in

* Cash - not all stands take credit cards!

Large umbrella (essential for Spa and Silverstone!)

Autograph book and pen

* denotes essential items

cosworth151:
Another handy thing to have is a golf seat. I think it may be called a shooter's stick in other parts of the world. It looks like a large handled walking stick and is used as one. Then the handle folds out to form a small seat. Handy to have out around the track away from the stands. Note: requires some ballance - not recomended after consumption of multiple Fosters.

At the USGP last year, one could rend a handhels TV called Kangaroo. It allows you to watch live video and real time video.

As for me, I wouldn't dream of going without pounds and pounds of camera equipment

CrazyHorse:
a bat or mallet in your tent so when Johnny foreigner thinks you're not there and decides to rob the contents of your tent u ur ready him  :crazy:

Wizzo:
Crazyhorse, you sound like a man of experience.

CrazyHorse:
Cheers GPW...the theiving little tw@ts usually end up robbing you while ur sleeping in your tent, F1 fans drink vast amounts of beer and once asleep they aint waking up for anything.....very easy for them to go thru your stuff take money even your race ticket

F1 is a rich mans sport

first GP i went to was spa in 99 or 2000, (cant remember) but i'd been warned by fellow Brits about theives. On the Sat night we drove to holland to get a weed ( i dont drink that alcohol drug of death), drove back the camp site, got stoned and i was chillin in the tent when the zip opened. dont know what nationality the theiving little runt was but i punched him so hard, i think the speed cameras in germany got him

Last GP i went to was the French one. (sh!t race on TV but its an OK race when ur there plus its cheap). i warned some Brits who were camping close to the public road about the theives and they should move their tents well away from it. They couldnt be bothered moving their tents and said they'd be alright. They got their race tickets stolen on the sat night / sunday morning while they was sleeping in their tents

camping is half the fun of an F1 weekend, but i wouldnt camp again, hotels for me.

:good:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version