collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 378
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 weekend essentials  (Read 21728 times)

Online Wizzo

F1 weekend essentials
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:45:44 PM »
Going to a Grand Prix? Here are some tips to help you enjoy your F1 race weekend.

Race ticket  ::) (only for that day if each day is seperate)

* Lightweight waterproof jacket

Hat or cap Cameras - 1 with a zoom 1 quick action (eg disposable) for those surprise events like bumping into a driver or two!

* Padded seat to stop numbness setting in (or a towel folded in a plastic bag borrowed from your hotel) Some grandstand seats are moulded plastic but many are numbered spaces on concrete or metal terraces.

* Sunglasses and sunscreen Bottled water (can be bought at circuits but at a price) Snack bars

* Ear protectors - either plugs for the ears or muffs Radio for the trackside commentary Stopwatch

Sports binoculars

* Circuit plan - can be found in the race programme

* Events timetable - can be found in the race programme

* A well secured bag to carry your belongings in

* Cash - not all stands take credit cards!

Large umbrella (essential for Spa and Silverstone!)

Autograph book and pen

* denotes essential items

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Online cosworth151

Re: F1 weekend essentials
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:12:15 AM »
Another handy thing to have is a golf seat. I think it may be called a shooter's stick in other parts of the world. It looks like a large handled walking stick and is used as one. Then the handle folds out to form a small seat. Handy to have out around the track away from the stands. Note: requires some ballance - not recomended after consumption of multiple Fosters.

At the USGP last year, one could rend a handhels TV called Kangaroo. It allows you to watch live video and real time video.

As for me, I wouldn't dream of going without pounds and pounds of camera equipment
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

CrazyHorse

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »
a bat or mallet in your tent so when Johnny foreigner thinks you're not there and decides to rob the contents of your tent u ur ready him  :crazy:

Online Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
Crazyhorse, you sound like a man of experience.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

CrazyHorse

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 12:44:20 AM »
Cheers GPW...the theiving little tw@ts usually end up robbing you while ur sleeping in your tent, F1 fans drink vast amounts of beer and once asleep they aint waking up for anything.....very easy for them to go thru your stuff take money even your race ticket

F1 is a rich mans sport

first GP i went to was spa in 99 or 2000, (cant remember) but i'd been warned by fellow Brits about theives. On the Sat night we drove to holland to get a weed ( i dont drink that alcohol drug of death), drove back the camp site, got stoned and i was chillin in the tent when the zip opened. dont know what nationality the theiving little runt was but i punched him so hard, i think the speed cameras in germany got him

Last GP i went to was the French one. (sh!t race on TV but its an OK race when ur there plus its cheap). i warned some Brits who were camping close to the public road about the theives and they should move their tents well away from it. They couldnt be bothered moving their tents and said they'd be alright. They got their race tickets stolen on the sat night / sunday morning while they was sleeping in their tents

camping is half the fun of an F1 weekend, but i wouldnt camp again, hotels for me.

:good:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:04:50 AM by CrazyHorse »

Online Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »
The one and only time I have camped at a motor sport event was at Silverstone for British Touring Cars many years ago.

All was well at first, it was full of enthusiasts and the atmosphere was superb. Then the teenagers arrived, the music came on, the beers came out and the football match started around the tents and cars. It all got a bit heated and I could see myself ending up in a fight. I had taken my children and this was not the experience I wanted them to have.

I asked an official if there was somewhere else I could move to and after much deliberation he pointed to a field which was surrounded by fencing and completely empty!?

Great, I thought as I quickly packed up and moved to my new vacant meadow. All was peaceful and quiet and we all got a perfect nights sleep - until the helicopters started landing next to us the next morning!!!!!!

Never been camping since.

Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:12:25 AM »
I am jealous, I would have loved seeing all the choppers.  Mind you I enjoy true camping (army style), Just a tarp and a sleeping bag.  But after that experience I don't blame you wizard, although you should try camping in Australia, just watch out for the spides, snakes and insects.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:09:42 PM »
That's the nice thing about Indy. The track is right in the middle of town. My motel is walking (or staggering) distance, with several watering holes and a White Castle along the way in case of emergency!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »
That's the nice thing about Indy. The track is right in the middle of town. My motel is walking (or staggering) distance, with several watering holes and a White Castle along the way in case of emergency!

The White Castle,if you've never had one
you don't know what your missing.We
have several in our city :yahoo:

At Romephius
Are the snakes as plentiful as the television                                     shows make out.Seems like the suburbs are
crawing with them

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 07:20:51 PM by dare »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »
Depends on where you go mate, I have been bitten 3 times, all on the leg and all at night, all venemous (not deadly though).  Currently we have a King brown (very nasty)in the back yard and today I'll be driving around 300 miles so odds are I'll see at least 1 on the roads......but I live near the bush and my drive takes me inland.

Online Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:32:58 PM »
Currently we have a King brown (very nasty)in the back yard

So thats why you said I could camp in your back yard!!!!  :crazy:

Wizzo

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 06:33:53 AM »
not at all Wizard, if you wanted to really camp in the backyard we would get rid of the snake somehow.......might need some bait though........

Offline crazycaz

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »
The way the weather is going might need some wellies for Silverstone.  :DD

Mitch14

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »
hey wizzo good tip about umbrella's for spa and silverstone you would be right the weather at both tracks is awful

Offline jimclark

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »
The White Castle, if you've never had one you don't know what your missing.We
have several in our city :yahoo:
Bah! :stop: Being from NYC, there are many there.  'Know the sliders very well. :)

'Used to visit them often after visiting the watering holes. ;)
They're also known to cause emergencies...the severity of which dependent upon the number of 'em consumed.  >:D  :-[
Therefore, if visiting one of these finest dining establishments  ::) for the first few times, one is well advised to bring along some extra undergarments just in case, 'til you realize your reaction to the tasty li'l burgers.  :)
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle