collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 254
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Martin Whitmarsh  (Read 2738 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

Martin Whitmarsh
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Incredibly it has emerged Martin has two races to turn things round at McLaren and keep his job.

Offline Scott

Re: Martin Whitmarsh
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:51:29 PM »
What??  I can't see that happening.  Got a source?  Whitmarsh has been Dennis right hand man for over 20 years.  A dip in performance at Mclaren is nothing new.  I'm certain that's a garbage rumour.  :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
Ok, I found the source, but I still can't believe it.  Dennis made as many pit wall blunders as anyone - I can't see him holding Whitmarsh responsible for Button's wheel not being on, or bad tire calls early in a season with new tires that don't react like anything before.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7033006/-Whitmarsh-s-job-on-the-line-
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »

This Whitmarsh story all seems to stem from kite flying by the Daily Mail in an article dated 11th July. There appears to be no real substance and I therefore suggest no merit in their report. The Mail reporter claims it's engineering and design staff questioning Martin's leadership with this sentence:-

"Sportsmail understands there is growing discontent among engineering and design staff at McLaren about Whitmarsh’s leadership with questions about the team’s focus and direction being raised."

Then later in the piece the journo then points out it's the same engineers and design staff who have caused McLarens lack of pace, with this sentence:-

"Unfortunately for Whitmarsh, McLaren have failed to design and build a car that has been competitive from the start of a season since he became team principal in 2009."

Maybe it makes better copy to suggest Whitmarsh's job is on the line than challenge any bleating and whinges from certain McLaren design & engineeering staff, who co-incidently are probably trying to keep their own jobs. 

If you want read the whole opinion driven story the link is below.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2013686/Martin-Whitmarsh-sitting-ejector-seat-McLaren-ponder-principal-change.html

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:07:06 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »
There is something wrong, Macca has been late with their new car 2 years in a row. With the limits on testing, missing available days is a major mistake. I think there is something going on behind the scenes and without good race performance, it makes it more difficult to launch their car lines.

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle