collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1_For_Free  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Ian

Re: F1_For_Free
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
But not so long ago Ecclestone was saying the tv audience was the most important because thats what the sponsors want.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
Even from Ireland, how may BTCC races can I get to instead next year, still seeing good quality live races, if I choose (and I do choose) not to give mr Murdoch more of my hard earned?

THe BBC really screwed themselves.  How many casual fans will watch half a series, and how many who do pay sky will think it better to watch BBC after giving sky their extortionate fee?

The fan lost out today.  How many more millions do you need mr Ecclestone?  When does enough become too much?  I'm a lifelong fan, I buy the overpriced merchandise, stupidly,  I buy the products on the sides of the cars, I and many like me are the ones who have made you rich mr Ecclestone.  I and people like me, dedicated loyal hard working, working class fans are the ones that got f*****d over today by your greed, by your need for more.  Thank you Bernie. 

Did I say thank you?  I meant f*** you Bernie, f*** you and your greed.

May you and mr Murdoch be very happy counting your money, knowing there are people you have excluded from the thing they love.

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »
Apparently the teams couldn't care a less about the fans either...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93507

To reiterate, the BBC will NOT have access to the Sky only races to broadcast at a delayed time.  That's just what Martin Whitmarsh 'supposedly' understood.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »
Yup Scott, noone gives a toss about viewers. What does the boss of HRT know when he says he does'nt believe we like to wake up at 4am to watch a race, how much out of touch is he with the fans.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Kolles is a complete jerk. I think of him as Flav's Mini Me. I don't put much stock in his claim that the teams all like the deal. I'll wait to hear what the other teams actually think.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »
Kolles has to agree with Bernie, if your were in Kolles' shoes in a crap going nowhere team withno sponsors then you would fall in line with whatever half arsed half witted plan came along that could earn you more money.

In this cases 30 pieces of gold for betraying the fans.

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »
Hey guys, let's bring this into one thread instead of three...for further comments, go here:

http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=13749.0
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle