collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 601
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heidfeld ditched by Renault  (Read 6082 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Heidfeld ditched by Renault
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »

Senna to replace Nick Heidfeld for final eight races says Eddie Jordan, breaking the story on the BBC website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14624084.stm

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Heidfeld ditched by Renault
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
Renault was hoping Nick would be closer to Kubica than he appears to be. The fact that Petrov, who is not highly regarded in the paddock, has held his own has downgraded Nick rather than boosting Vitaly. With a solid amount of funding, Senna becomes an asset, especially if he can match Petrov. I think Heidfeld is done in F1. Of course you do have to consider the source, Jordan is a bit of a rumor monger. :D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
I guess it was only a matter of time.  I liked Nick, but the media didn't, and the fact that he only had occasional strokes of brilliance let him down.  Off to NASCAR  :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
Swift Nick has not been so swift in the Renault but then the Renault has not been that swift either. Comparison will always be done against Kubica but that is quite pointless.
If Bruno Senna gets beaten, assuming he gets the drive, by Petrov Nick will get his swift title back. :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
I agree about the comparison to Kubica. He never raced this year's car, so there's no way to know what he could have done with it.

I've always liked Heidfeld and hoped for better from him. Still, I hope Eddie is off the mark on this one. I guess it's just another example of F1 Rule 1: Money Talks!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
I'm sure it was a hard decision.

No one this year has had a more explosive performance than Nick!

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »
This isn't a big surprise to me.I have never been
a big fan of Nick,maybe that scuzzy beard had
something to do with it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
This isn't a big surprise to me.I have never been
a big fan of Nick,maybe that scuzzy beard had
something to do with it

Must not be a fan of Brawn or Button then...if there were ever two guys who had 'wish I could' beards, it was them  :P :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
It just seems to me with drivers needing sponsorship
they'd want to have a well groomed appearance.

Not everyone likes the grunge look,me included
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »

F1: Heidfeld Pressure ‘Bullying’ - Jordan

Eddie Jordan suspects Renault team management are guilty of "bullying".

The former F1 team owner and boss, now a pundit for British television, is referring to Eric Boullier and Gerard Lopez's outspoken criticism of Nick Heidfeld's results and leadership qualities.

German veteran Heidfeld replaced injured regular Robert Kubica this season, but now Renault test drivers Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean are being linked with the seat.

Irishman Jordan told Sport Bild he has a theory about the pressure being put on Heidfeld.

"It could even be described as bullying," he said.

"They probably want to wear him down so he throws in the towel voluntarily."

Jordan, however, has a high opinion of 34-year-old Heidfeld.

"For me, he is Mr Consistency. I know this because Nick drove for me for a year. 2004 was a very difficult year for Jordan financially, and we could not give him the car that he deserved.

"The same is true also at the moment of the Lotus-Renault," he added.

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
I think Nick has been something of a scapegoat for Renault this year, the fact that he was blamed for the Hungary fire suggests that.  Nick was never  Kimi quick or Lewis exciting, but he was, is a good solid racing driver who can deliver the results.  Its been said in the past that Frank Williams never forgives any racing driver he has for not being Alan Jones,  I think Eric Boullier and Renault can't forgive Nick for not being Robert.  Bruno isn't going to deliver performances from the car that Nick couldn't and neither when he replaces Bruno will Romain.  Renault have to realise that at the momnet Robert isn't available but maybe, just maybe they have the best available substitute.

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
I quite like Nick but Renault can't be blamed for looking to a younger driver that may bring more points (plus a chunk of personal cash).
I think Nick is similar to Button; when the car is perfect he is super-quick. However, the Renault is far from perfect so they need someone who can drive round the problems. Something the most famous Senna could do. I hope Bruno has some of his uncle's flair.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
It sounds like Heidfeld isn't going to go quietly. Bring forth the lawyers!

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/7121119/Heidfeld-Ready-To-Sue-Renault
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 04:40:33 AM »
If he sues Renault, this really will be his swansong. No other team will hire a journeyman who tries to take down his team. Have a nice life Nick.
Lonny

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
He is not trying to take down his team, just trying to safeguard his future.  If he has a contract then why not try to make sure the team stick to it.  I'm sure if he had decided he was jumping ship in favour of another team Mr Boullier and Mr Lopez would have wasted no time going legal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle